• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentb636

Nov 16, 2013
    Holland, Mi
    Here's the markings on mine for comparison. Nothing on mine that leads me to believe it's a date. The only markings on the slide on mine is "PA-63" on the left side, then on the underside dust cover part is the serial number again. I don't have the crest anywhere on mine.

Toolness,
    Look at the "Circle Kll 14" stamp next to mag release. I think that the "14" is actually "74" . All the Sevens look like exaggerated ONES. My two R-61 pistols have the same "circle Kll" stamp with numbers. On the R-61 pistols , the "commie" crest is on the left side of slide, rather than on trigger guard, and the slide is serialized under the muzzle to match the frame s/n. One is a 74 and one is 76. http://www.hungariae.com/FegPA63.htm http://www.hungariae.com/FegR61.htm http://www.pmulcahy.com/pistols/hungarian_pistols.htm

There is quite a bit of contradiction in the links. I believe the progression of model 59, 61 and 63 to be the start of the model runs. The model 59 , with an all aluminum frame was shortlived. The alloy frame of the R61 and PA63 was a success.

Brent

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Looking at my old records, FEG pistols that I owned and sold, all had 2 characters and 4 numbers as a serial number. None of those pistols had date stamps or crests on them. I'm theorizing that the early build pistols, while Hungary was still "Commie" may be the ones with the crest and date stamp, and S/n like C1082 ( single alpha character) . My 4 new acquisition pistols, 2 PA-63 ( double-alpha s/n ) and 2 R-61 (single alpha s/n) , have stamps that appear to be date stamps, possibly indicating production during the communist era in Hungary.

More thoughts. ... Perhaps the versions with a crest were Military production, rather than police production ?
    Brent

I can't remember the name of the forum for the life of me, but there's a current thread somewhere with a Hungarian law enforcement officer who is still currently issued a PA-63.

I also have a PJK-9HP (Hi Power exact copy) with the extended safety and slide release. It's extremely well made. I wouldn't mind getting more of their stuff.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Toolness,
    Look at the "Circle Kll 14" stamp next to mag release. I think that the "14" is actually "74" . All the Sevens look like exaggerated ONES. My two R-61 pistols have the same "circle Kll" stamp with numbers. On the R-61 pistols , the "commie" crest is on the left side of slide, rather than on trigger guard, and the slide is serialized under the muzzle to match the frame s/n. One is a 74 and one is 76. http://www.hungariae.com/FegPA63.htm http://www.hungariae.com/FegR61.htm http://www.pmulcahy.com/pistols/hungarian_pistols.htm

There is quite a bit of contradiction in the links. I believe the progression of model 59, 61 and 63 to be the start of the model runs. The model 59 , with an all aluminum frame was shortlived. The alloy frame of the R61 and PA63 was a success.

Brent

Yeah, I think you're right. That makes sense. I never even looked closer at it, just registered as a "14" to me at first!

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Google skills, I found it!

Check this out if you care about FEG's or PA-63's
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?319632-PA-63-is-still-very-much-alive-in-Hungary

"The PA-63 has been one of the official sidearms of the Hungarian police since...... well '63
    Being a police officer in Hungary I carry one every day.
    Although personally I think this sturdy little pistol does not fulfill modern expectations as a police sidearm, I like its simplicity and ruggedness."

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Cabelas in DE has a mess of Browning Hi Powers
    He could not tell me the C&R status and after having him talk to 2 people I could not get an answer about accepting a MD resident C&R
    Prices started at $549 and up

Attachments

• image-1231560320.jpg
      image-1231560320.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 169
    • image-67951445.jpg
      image-67951445.jpg
      72.7 KB · Views: 175

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Does anyone have a CZ50? I think this was addressed above but I can't find it. I am really fond of 32 ACP. I would love, love to get a CZ82 but at $80 more and with a 12 rd mag I'd have to have shipped to a friend, I was thinking that the 50 may be a fun options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Does anyone have a CZ50? I think this was addressed above but I can't find it. I am really fond of 32 ACP. I would love, love to get a CZ82 but at $80 more and with a 12 rd mag I'd have to have shipped to a friend, I was thinking that the 50 may be a fun options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a CZ70 (non C&R I know but basically the same gun) - most accurate pistol I have and loads of fun. Try to get euro 32 acp instead of American 32 acp and you won't have any issues with feeding. With American 32acp I need to load one or two less in the magazine for some reason - if the internet is true that's a common issue.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

Yeah ... nice gun, but not close to a CZ-82. You can have the mags sent to me and I'll meet you on the VA side of the 301 bridge.

I wonder what part of the mag MD considers to be a mag, and what they consider to only be parts? Could someone legally get various parts in different shipments?

Jul 1, 2012
    Cabelas in DE has a mess of Browning Hi Powers
    He could not tell me the C&R status and after having him talk to 2 people I could not get an answer about accepting a MD resident C&R
    Prices started at $549 and up

Those are external extractor HP's so odds are very low they are C&R eligible. I think they started using that extractor in 1963? something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom