• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    You should be able to look at comparable house sales in your neighborhood and come up with a deal that works for you and your son. Once the bank gets they're official appraisal done the price can be adjusted to get bank approval , at that time.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Years ago, we bought the house next door to us to move my parents into when their health started going down hill. We lost my dad about three years later, then lost my mom in 2009.

After that, our son and his GF (now wife) moved in. They basically pay the mortgage and we call it "rent". (Heck of a deal, I know.) But I it's time for them to start having something to show for their money, long term. So we've decided to sell them the house.

Here's what I need....

I would like to get an appraiser to give us an idea of what the house *would* appraise for, so I have a baseline to start from.

We're obviously going to give him a "deal" - including counting everything he's paid towards principle up to this point going towards the price. (Kind of a retroactive "rent with the option to buy".)

I don't want a full-blown formal, gazillion page "official" appraisal. Whoever his lender turns out to be, most likely isn't going to accept it. They'll want their own. So there's no sense in paying the $350 +/-, and then him having to pay it all over again to his lender for another appraisal.

I just need someone (an experienced appraiser) who I can pay for their time to just look the place over and come back with a verbal, unofficial, "This house would appraise for $XXX,000".

Safetech, if you're still in need there are a couple different ways I can try and help. Drop me an email or pm and I do whatever I can whether there is a loan app or not. You've answered questions for me in the past, I'm happy to return the favor :)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    By banking regulation a bank may not use an appraisal they did not order, or was ordered by another bank.

This is incorrect. For example, once an FHA case number is generated and the report is submitted, NO lender can simply order another appraisal.

You are thinking of years back when lenders used to try to "re-assign" a report, that is (still) not done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom