• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    From my point of view if it is in question put it on there. Its no big deal if they look at it and say that you did not need that. If you don't put it on there they want to know why and think you may be trying to hide something from them.

Good Call

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Best to talk to your references before putting them down. Investigator told me I would be surprised how many people ratted them out saying things like "I would never let them even own a gun much less carry one." Just what I was told.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Best to talk to your references before putting them down. Investigator told me I would be surprised how many people ratted them out saying things like "I would never let them even own a gun much less carry one." Just what I was told.

+1 - I did not use anyone on my application that I did not talk to and explain my stance prior to submitting (same logic applies to any application that I ever fill out that has a request for references). Of course, none of them have been contacted since MSP received my application on 19MAR...

thenoxus1

Jul 25, 2012
    Anyone have any clarification on the mental health questions? When I was roughly 13-16 I was diagnosed as depressed during my early teenage years (13-16) which included one stay at a hospital under voluntary admittance. Because it was 5+ years ago and as a minor, is that considered a "YES" to the mental health questions? I found mixed info.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Anyone have any clarification on the mental health questions? When I was roughly 13-16 I was diagnosed as depressed during my early teenage years (13-16) which included one stay at a hospital under voluntary admittance. Because it was 5+ years ago and as a minor, is that considered a "YES" to the mental health questions? I found mixed info.

First off welcome!!! Please consider joining/donating to MSI and SAF if you have not done so yet.

I do not have a direct answer to your question. There are a lot of "Iffy" questions on this app and unless you have someone with the same exact situation as yours or you talk to a lawyer take it with a grain of salt. As I posted earlier if in doubt put it on the app. Better to have it there and it not concern them then have them question you as to why you did not put it down. I got questioned as to why I did not have my eye glasses on for my picture (they are photo tint and app said no dark glasses). They are going to check you from head to toe and back anyway. If there is something they dont like they will find it.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I have a question that I think I know the answer to but I want to confirm anyway before I submit the application.

I was arrested many years ago in a criminal case, charged, then all charges were dropped at trial. Does this have to be included on the application even though I was never convicted of anything? The application asks "were you arrested", "were you charged" so I assume I do have to answer yes to both of those questions.

I don't understand why they ask that. Anyone can be arrested and charged with anything. Isn't the "conviction" really the important question here???

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Where you arrested? if so then YES
    where you charged? if so then YES

read this post also http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=1764241&postcount=711

when in doubt put it on the app.

OK, thanks. I guess better to be upfront and explain during the interview than having them dig it up and looking like I'm not being truthful on the app.

What a PITA. They want "date, circumstances, charge and attach official court disposition". I have no clue how to find an "official court disposition". I mean everything was dropped, end of story. Now I have to try to get freaking paperwork on it from like 15 years ago? Ugghhhh :mad54:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    OK, thanks. I guess better to be upfront and explain during the interview than having them dig it up and looking like I'm not being truthful on the app.

What a PITA. They want "date, circumstances, charge and attach official court disposition". I have no clue how to find an "official court disposition". I mean everything was dropped, end of story. Now I have to try to get freaking paperwork on it from like 15 years ago? Ugghhhh :mad54:

go to the courthouse you were in if you can remember.. they should have a records.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Yeah, I tried. Not showing up there. Maybe if charges are dropped it doesn't make it to the website. Charges were dropped, arrest record was expunged.

Hit or miss. Go to the court. I read a disclaimer on that site that some records are not public. ??

Mrlogs

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 20, 2012
    Brooklyn Park
    Question...under the "Personal Protection" on the app..do I have to have been threatened, etc, to apply for one, or can it be because I feel unsafe to go for walks where I live, etc..as I might apply for one?..Thanks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom