• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    2 Day Engage Carbine

This course is designed to build the framework on how to effectively manipulate and apply your Carbine Weapon System. This course starts off with the basic fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and then moves into intermediate defensive marksmanship. This will be a 2 day course, the first day being the classroom portion and the last will be the live fire portion of the class. The course material covers the following:

• Safety
    • Fundamentals Of Rifle Marksmanship/ Factors in Getting on Target
    • Gear Assessment and Considerations
    • Loading and Malfunction
    • Zeroing Procedures
    • Position Considerations and Refinement
    • Accelerated Shooting
    • Multiple Targets and Distance Engagement Techniques

The Shooter is required to bring the following:

• One Serviceable Carbine (.223,5.56, 5.45, 7.62x39, and 7.62x51 ONLY)
    • 400 Rounds of Ammunition
    • 4 Magazines
    • 3 Magazine Pouches (Must be attached to the body in any way, shape or form)
    • Seasonal/ Weather Appropriate Clothing
    • Closed Toe Shoes, Hiking and/ or Combat Boots

Total cost of course: $300 Lunch will be included

Payment for the will be done in two parts there will be an up front non refundable deposit of $100 due 24 hours before the course date (call if there are any problems). Of course the rest of the payment is due at the beginning of the course. The payment methods are cash, All of our course's start at 09:00 AM unless otherwise posted.

The course dates are subject to change and I will give ample time to any changes being made. If there are any questions about anything feel free to give me a buzz! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Your Future Firearms Instructor,
    Andrew James Wynne
    Engage Armament Firearms Instructor

General Information and FAQ:
    - WE SHOOT RAIN OR SHINE, SO UNLESS THERE IS A NATURAL DISASTER, WE ARE TRAINING!!!!!The range has a lean to for cover for those who will not operate in the rain.
    - A deposit of half of the course entry fee is now due one week prior to the date of the course or otherwise posted. This portion of the funds is non-refundable and can be used for other courses.
    - If you have any injuries or disabilities, please let me know. This does not bar you from taking my course’s because I will help you as best as I can!
    - We will be holding courses at least twice monthly depending on work load, personal, and business considerations.
    - Dates are subject to change! You will be notified the second something changes
    - You may bring your own firearms, equipment, and ammunition but it will NOT change the course price.

Last edited:

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Just to give everyone clarification on some details that I did not make clear. You may bring any type of Assault Rifle that is chambered in .223,5.56, 5.45, 7.62x39, and 7.62x51. The first day will be the class room portion that starts at 19:00 at our shop located in Kensington, MD and will probably run for about 2 hours. Then the following Sunday will be the live fire portion of the class which will be at our range in Thurmont, MD. The live fire portion will start at 09:00. There is a lot of stuff I want teach and we cant do it all in one day. I hope this clears up any questions you might have!

Last edited:

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Would an M&P 1522 be an ok rifle to run? I didn't see it listed on there, but it makes training a ton cheaper. I've been wanting to take a class with you guys!

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Negative Sir, I completely understand why but the training value I want my students to receive would be negligible if everyone used .22 lr. I train with the philosophy of practice like you play. The .22 lr does not have to same recoil as the aforementioned target calibers I listed in my previous post. Would you defend yourself with an unreliable, under powered round? Our range has no ammunition restrictions. I couldn't care less what type of ammunition you use to save money as long as it stays within the target calibers listed above.

Would an M&P 1522 be an ok rifle to run? I didn't see it listed on there, but it makes training a ton cheaper. I've been wanting to take a class with you guys!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Can I run this in sneakers, or do I need real boots?

In terms of rifle optics, any preferences?

SBRs in non-stupid lengths OK?

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    You can wear sneakers but the terrain at our range is very rough. The only thing I would require is some sneakers with ankle support but again it is up to you. As for optics it is totally up to you. Does it make sense to train with an EoTech and then put a variable power scope back on when you get home? Practice like you play! If an SBR in whatever crazy length is what you would use then bring it, I have no problem with it. Although there may be other students that complain about the noise. If you are not prepared to get dirty or play by big boy rules then please do not attend my course. I hope this helps.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Got it. I was only trying to figure out whether there was an irons-only portion of the course or not. Guess I'll need some better shoes, though!

In any event, sign me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom