• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    :lol2:

Good... cos I couldn't figure out how to get it to work the other way around... lol

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Does the 100 yard line have target holes like the 25 yard line?

Yes, When mud has not filled them in (a continuing stuggle curently)

12" center to center (14" end to end if using a 2x1)
    FYI, no 25 yard line on the Bench Rest only section.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I made a couple wood wedges (like door stops) to hold the target frame tight in the sometimes shallow 100yd tubes. This works well ;)

Yes, the 14" is to the outside of the 1x2's. My frame worked great at 25, 50 and 100yds on the Barnes range.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Considering a detachable top for my frame too. At 25 yds standing I'm seeing all grass in my backdrop (I am one of those basketball tall people), and at 50 I've only got about a foot or so of berm and I hate to incur range god wrath by hitting grass.

When I shoot offhand at 25 yards, I staple an additional 2' of plasticized cardboard (that used for yard signs) backing to the top of my frame. In most wind, it is adequate and is easily removed for toting. The backing will absorb thousands of rounds before you need to replace it and it repels moisture well. I am about 6' tall.

I also reinforce and rebuild my frame constantly and use PVC sections on the legs for a steadier frame. If you use the standard legs, you can make wedges and attach them twith string or wire to the bottom of the frame so you'll have them readily available at 25-50-100 yards.

Lew--Ranger63

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Yes, the drawing has an error. the assembly drawing on the left has it backwards and you have to flip it around if you build it like shown on the right side. Otherwise, you just put the small yellow blocks on the other side. Consider it a test, if you can't figure that out when you put it together, you should not shoot.... you passed the test.

You're absolutely right, sorry guys. I'll update my drawing if I can find it.
    I've also done a preliminary pvc tube base drawing that I made for intermediate distances on any range.

Thanks for the heads up!

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I made a couple wood wedges (like door stops) to hold the target frame tight in the sometimes shallow 100yd tubes. This works well ;)

This is critical... in any amount of wind those frames will wobble and blow over, as they are very loose in the pipes and depth is limited. Usually there are some shotgun shells laying around in a pinch, but definitely bring some chunks of wood to wedge around your target stand.

I've seen guys that secure them with twine and tent pegs but a few good wedges is all you need.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I've got a custom stand I've designed which has infinite adjustability in the legs with feet because one of the problems is the varying berm height at the AGC. It utilizes a pizza box for the backing so there's no cutting either. Next problem is to figure out how to make it the packaging more efficient so I don't need to carry as many pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom