• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I live in MD, and I'm trying to sell one of my hand guns. I have a couple people interested in DE, and one in VA.

What's the process? Do I just have to take the gun to a FFL in the state of the buyer and they will take care of everything? That's what I'm guessing anyway.

Hope this is the correct section for this.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Has to go through a FFL. Contact the out of state FFL for instructions. They may require it to be mailed from a MD FFL.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Thanks for the input. Once I finalize a deal with someone, we can contact a FFL in that state and do what ever needs to be done.

I just wanted a idea of what I was getting into.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    You can simply drive it over the border and hand to the buyer's FFL yourself... however as mentioned not all FFLs are OK with this.

Just let the prospective buyer(s) know that there will be an overnight shipping fee if their FFL requires it be mailed. Handguns have to go through UPS or FedEx (USPS won't accept them) and both carriers require overnight delivery.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    You can simply drive it over the border and hand to the buyer's FFL yourself... however as mentioned not all FFLs are OK with this.

Just let the prospective buyer(s) know that there will be an overnight shipping fee if their FFL requires it be mailed. Handguns have to go through UPS or FedEx (USPS won't accept them) and both carriers require overnight delivery.

USPS will accept them - from an 01 FFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

bryan9905

May 18, 2014
    I went through this a couple of years ago. I'm in MD and wanted to sell a handgun to my friend in VA. I hand carried the pistol to Sharpshooters (formerly Gilbert Small Arms) in Lorton, they put it on their books, my friend paid me, and for me-transaction complete. I didn't think to ask what they charged for the transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom