• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Galil ACE 31 pistol and ACE 32 carbine announced!

Awesome news: the Galil ACE 31 pistol (7.62x39, AK mags!, 8.5" barrel) and Galil ACE 32 carbine (7.62x39, AK mags!, 16" barrel) are coming to the USA! Release date is supposedly March, but take that with a grain of salt.

MAC has the scoop on his Facebook page. Galil ACE 31 with stock is 29", so this is gonna be a sweet SBR platform for us Marylanders. Even had the Israeli stock setup on the one pictured - I wonder if they'll sell those separately. Galil ACE 32 will require the muzzle device to be swapped, but should meet OAL. (It's certainly not a Galil AR clone.)

Hopefully these will sell well so we get the other 8.5" versions (ACE 21, ACE N 21).

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Man, I am so excited... I've wanted to buy a Micro Galil since forever, and this is going to be like half the price to SBR. Plus, 7.62x39 is a pretty decent round to run out of a short barrel (moreso than 5.56x45). And AK mags!

SO EXCITE.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    standard size model as well, might be a better option for guys who want a ful size AKish rifle in MD
    Didn't see that. And I agree, it's gonna be a serious competitor to the Sig 556xi and the PTR-32 GenII. Wouldn't shock me if it ate into Arsenal's bottom line outside of MD, too.

Real question now is... what's the MSRP? Hopefully somewhat lower than the Tavor - I think they could sell these at $1300, but $1600 would be a stretch.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Didn't see that. And I agree, it's gonna be a serious competitor to the Sig 556xi and the PTR-32 GenII. Wouldn't shock me if it ate into Arsenal's bottom line outside of MD, too.

Real question now is... what's the MSRP? Hopefully somewhat lower than the Tavor - I think they could sell these at $1300, but $1600 would be a stretch.

Priced similar to a SIG556xi and I would definitely be interested. That might actually make a tough decision on which I would buy. If it is priced like a Tavor, then I think I would pass.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Thanks erwos for posting, man that thing looks sweet. So the rifle should be gtg in MD too, correct? I am sure none of the parts interchange with the original Galils SAR, AR, Micro etc....

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I felt like the Tavor's pricing was reasonable, but that's also because it's a brand new, latest-generation design. The ACE is a nice gun, but it's basically a very heavily modified Galil MAR... not exactly new technology.

As for the carbine's legality, it's pretty clear that the Galil 32's BC can't interchange with a Galil AR - look at the position of the charging handle. :) Safety also looks considerably different.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    922r for the carbine will be tricky.

You'll need six US parts. FCG nets you an easy three. The rifles can't be imported with a threaded barrel, so I'd assume the muzzle device would be four. Same with a pistol grip and collapsing stock for five and six.

Now, if they wanted to be stupid/evil, they'd leave the FCG imported and use a US magazine... but I feel like that would be a serious mistake given how many foreign AK mags are in use. But keep in mind that the Tavor did this.

Side-folding pistol/SBR :drool:
    The pictures didn't show a folding stock on that SBR. Not sure what the plan is.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    The pictures didn't show a folding stock on that SBR. Not sure what the plan is.

Well an SBR is just the barrel length, so I assume in a free state it'd be possible to buy the sidefolder and Form 1 it.

In any case, last time I tried to contact IWI with questions regarding the Tavor they went unanswered...so I don't really have a deep need for their products at this point in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom