• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Name tags probably would have been nice, because the only ones I knew were Black Talon, TDH, Kevin, and Rob-cubed.

I was wearing the black coat with blue baseball cap and pony tail.:)

Somebody said they were bring tags, I brought a bag of Sharpie markers but never saw the tags there. I had a black sweatshirt and pullover.dark blue hat that said "The Alamo"on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    Maybe the 42's will cool down by then, those barrel swaps were a little warm. Vince, thank for putting this together and to Adam for the food, it was AWESOME. My mother and father stopped by, both in their mid/late 70's and got both of them to rock on the MG42 and dad fired my FNc and one of the Thompsons, he said he though he was Al Capone for a split second........

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Somebody said they were bring tags, I brought a bag of Sharpie markers but never saw the tags there. I had a black sweatshirt and pullover.dark blue hat that said "The Alamo"on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was me. I ran out of the house without them. I suck. :sad20:

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    Here a quick montage that we put together for todays shoot, however it only captured a small portion of the day. It was awesome to say the least :gun2:

Also a quick plug for our You Tube channel. After your done watching this video, check out some of our others and subscribe to the channel. Theres also a link in my sig line :thumbsup:

[YT]HnV04DtRDxk[/YT]

My Daughter had a blast.:D

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Glad to have met you. She had a smile on her face the whole day.

I was hoping to get her behind the .22 "sewing machine", but she declined. Maybe next time.

It was great that so many SOs/kids showed up. Both she and my daughter loved just being spectators. And my daughter asked "When I turn 18 can we come back and shoot"? So proud!

Good bumping into you too. Wish I'd done more socializing but the noise wasn't exactly conducive to conversation... :D

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Nice montage. For a second I thought I was in there as a guy was wearing a blue jacket and black and orange hat! Strangely, I couldn't remember shooting that gun. A little concerning when you can't remember all the things you shot but pretty safe to say the eye protection was not mine in that scene!

Thanks to everyone who came out and especially for your patience while sorting out the ammo on the SMG line.

Double thanks to the guys and girls who worked as RSOs and as mag loaders/check-in folks. Mag loading is NOT fun.......especially PPSh drums.....

I liked how I asked vince how the hell the russians loaded these things and he was like they didnt theyvdied and someone picked it up already loaded. Great meeting all of you now to ice the fingers lol :D

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I was hoping to get her behind the .22 "sewing machine", but she declined. Maybe next time.

It was great that so many SOs/kids showed up. Both she and my daughter loved just being spectators. And my daughter asked "When I turn 18 can we come back and shoot"? So proud!

Good bumping into you too. Wish I'd done more socializing but the noise wasn't exactly conducive to conversation... :D
    I thought she was going to eat more crabs she talked a big game haha. Glad they passed her test

Feb 28, 2013
    I thought she was going to eat more crabs she talked a big game haha. Glad they passed her test

I would have ate some more, but I don't think the misses wanted to sit thar and watch me eat.:o

That was me. I ran out of the house without them. I suck. :sad20:

Yeah, you do suck.:rasp:

A big thanks again to everyone who made this possible. I sincerely appreciate all the help from our RSOs, Sundazes & embermage, as well as the numerous folks who lent us a hand loading magazines and drums. Thanks again to Adam for providing the food and to forkauto for the truck to destroy (as well as truck disposal). We're really glad that so many people came out and had a good time; we will definitely do this again in the spring.

I know some others who would definitely be interested, my father for starters.

Damn you Vince. Now you made me want an M1 Thompson.:D

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I don't live far from the Coon Club and I didn't hear a thing. Are you sure you guys were doing it right?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore

Those crabs were so dang big, she could only make it through 10! They were exceptional. She says thanks.

We're really glad that so many people came out and had a good time; we will definitely do this again in the spring.

Oh hell's YES! We can't wait. And thanks again to Duffy's and everyone that worked to make this happen.

rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    My uncle said he heard 2 loud blast over the sound of the log splitter running later in the day. Damn I knew I should have stayed till the end instead of leaving at 3 when I ran out of money

Nabla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 17, 2013
    Baltimore City
    This was the most fun I've had in a long, long time! Thanks for everyone that put this event on, especially Vince, who told me about the shoot upon my maiden visit to Duffy's last weekend! I had a great time meeting people; I was the (youngish-looking) guy in the dark green shirt (with the influenza viral capsid on the back) and jacket.

I couldn't decide which sub gun I liked better: the MP40 or M1A1 Tommy. Both handled smoothly and had a lot less recoil than I expected! The MG42 was also a blast! Truly an awesome experience this weekend! Unfortunately/fortunately, I'm seriously thinking about investing in a full auto...but I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to own one in Baltimore City?

Needless to say, this last weekend was a blast and I look forward to the next shoot!! :)

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    This was the most fun I've had in a long, long time! Thanks for everyone that put this event on, especially Vince, who told me about the shoot upon my maiden visit to Duffy's last weekend! I had a great time meeting people; I was the (youngish-looking) guy in the dark green shirt (with the influenza viral capsid on the back) and jacket.

I couldn't decide which sub gun I liked better: the MP40 or M1A1 Tommy. Both handled smoothly and had a lot less recoil than I expected! The MG42 was also a blast! Truly an awesome experience this weekend! Unfortunately/fortunately, I'm seriously thinking about investing in a full auto...but I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to own one in Baltimore City?

Needless to say, this last weekend was a blast and I look forward to the next shoot!! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the shoot. And good news, you can legally own a machine gun in Baltimore City.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    First I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to Vince and all the Duffy's crew for putting this shoot on. (Also to ihascrabs for the great food) This was not a small undertaking between the guns, targets, ammo, mags, and everyone working to keep it a fun and safe shoot. They all did a great job, especially the mag loaders! Never shot a machine gun before yesterday, now I've shot 7 (Thompson, PPS, SKS, AR15, MP5, MG42, and the .22 MG) as well as 2 rounds through the .50 Barrett. That thing was totally manageable. MUCH easier on the shoulder than I expected.
    That MP5 was BADASS. Very easy to control.
    PPS-Great fun, especially with the 75 rnd. drum.
    Thompson-What can I say? Old school classic. Doesn't get much better.
    AR15-Fun
    SKS-Fun, and shocked at the cyclic rate on that. Not sure what it was, but that thing ripped through a mag.
    .22 MG Tons of fun when it worked. Glad I didn't have to load that drum mag.
    MG42-Complete Badassery.
    Gives you a new perspective on what our men faced in WWII. Very sobering.
    Apparently I should have stayed until the very end though.
    Good weather, great day.
    Thanks again to all that helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom