• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Who knows... the brief was for them to use to raise funds and posture for the press. If denied they would still use it to raise funds and posture for the press. But because they where denied the press might get curious, that's the real risk. Gura played it smart as always. The judge took the path of least resistance and also least publicity out side of the inside baseball types.

Amicus accepted --- yawn.

amicus denied ----- WTF?

I think this is mostly harmless.. but it will get worse...if it gets publicly of the wrong kind...

Except Gura isn't on this case.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I try to stay positive, but the 4C is going to affirm and the SCOTUS won't grant cert on this. In fact, I doubt that the SCOTUS will ever hear one of these assault weapons ban cases - the issue is just too complicated and burdensome for the court - having to opine as to each type or class of firearm, or specific features, etc., whether it's something the state should be able to regulate or not, etc. The high cap magazines, maybe - that's something that is pretty cut and dry. I think the best chance we have of the SCOTUS taking up any new gun laws/issues will be with respect to may issue laws.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    I try to stay positive, but the 4C is going to affirm and the SCOTUS won't grant cert on this. In fact, I doubt that the SCOTUS will ever hear one of these assault weapons ban cases - the issue is just too complicated and burdensome for the court - having to opine as to each type or class of firearm, or specific features, etc., whether it's something the state should be able to regulate or not, etc. The high cap magazines, maybe - that's something that is pretty cut and dry. I think the best chance we have of the SCOTUS taking up any new gun laws/issues will be with respect to may issue laws.
    You are probably correct. Perhaps Gura can present a case that presents all of the instances where the States are going against rulings SCOTUS already maid? I don't know how, but guess well see..

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    SCOTUS won't hear a case until there is a change in the makeup of the court. Depending on the change it could be a good thing or a very bad thing.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    And then we hear this nonsense from Hogan that he doesn't think SB281 goes far enough and that he doesn't oppose assault weapons bans?? When did he find Jesus?
    That's completely contray to all public knowledge, unless he said it in a debate, that's crazy talk.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    And then we hear this nonsense from Hogan that he doesn't think SB281 goes far enough and that he doesn't oppose assault weapons bans?? When did he find Jesus?

I would hope this is just lip service for the uninformed?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    It was neither of those. He was direct and assertive on this point. It was not phrased as traditional spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Final side track of the issue but I guess at this point, what alternatives are there? More lessor of two evils if that's the case. Get the government we deserve. Need to move out of this state.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It was neither of those. He was direct and assertive on this point. It was not phrased as traditional spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

He's a [wanna be] gubernatorial contender. In a live debate. With the hand-picked Governor's successor. In a solidly [until now] D state. After being co-opted by a reporter from an anti-2A, widely read local paper on the issue. Facing the only real opposition in the election. By a slim margin.

Do you really think he would hand Brown the issue on a silver platter?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I find it hard to believe Hogan would push to do anything more to restrict our rights. Brown has been pounding the gun control drum hard and Hogan has to placate voters on the issue, since it's one of the few inflammatory issues that might increase turnout for Brown.

But saying SB-281 "doesn't go far enough" is going too far. I am willing to tolerate some spin but am rather disgusted at that statement. And now of course Brown is using it to his advantage and accusing Hogan of flip-flopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom