• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I was thinking the Rainier Arms rail by Samson. . . but BCM put a teaser up today and it looks like they might be releasing a BCM rail :)

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I was thinking the Rainier Arms rail by Samson. . . but BCM put a teaser up today and it looks like they might be releasing a BCM rail :)

Yeah i just ordered a bar rail today might need to change it up depending what they release tomorrow. The teaser they put up looks like a geissele smr rail too

Edit pic from bcm facebook

Attachments

• image-3237264823.jpg
      image-3237264823.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 757

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    AR Pistol chambered in .300 AAC Blackout

Just joined the .300 club. Finished putting her together this morning. Still not quite 100%, but almost there. My last project for the year and most likely the last AR I'll assemble. For myself at least. It's been fun, guys.

img5418y.jpg

img5412s.jpg

img5414q.jpg

img5415t.jpg

img5417s.jpg

img5419j.jpg

img5421gj.jpg

img5423u.jpg

img5425qd.jpg

img5427js.jpg

img5424i.jpg

img5426d.jpg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Just joined the .300 club. Finished putting her together this morning. Still not quite 100%, but almost there. My last project for the year and most likely the last AR I'll assemble. For myself at least. It's been fun, guys.
    img5426d.jpg

Very nice!!! I can see it's a Surefire, but can you give me more details on your light setup?

Thanks.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Yeah i just ordered a bar rail today might need to change it up depending what they release tomorrow. The teaser they put up looks like a geissele smr rail too

Edit pic from bcm facebook

Crabs, post this pic ASAP once it comes out...mimics the geiselle rail which seems to be sold out everywhere.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Crabs, post this pic ASAP once it comes out...mimics the geiselle rail which seems to be sold out everywhere.

Here's a picture of the rifle

Haley/bcm hsp jack rifle

It took me awhile to find the geissele rail but I love the feel. If you give them a call they might have a few in the shop for sale.

Video of rifle;
    components(bcm grip, comp, ch, bcg, upper,lower and barrel, geissele rail 10", alg trigger, wml 200lumen light and cerakoted grey)
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDg2MjkxOTE2.html

Attachments

• image-3070872394.jpg
      image-3070872394.jpg
      20.4 KB · Views: 662

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN

Haley/bcm hsp jack rifle

It took me awhile to find the geissele rail but I love the feel. If you give them a call they might have a few in the shop for sale.

Video of rifle;
    components(bcm grip, comp, ch, bcg, upper,lower and barrel, geissele rail 10", alg trigger, wml 200lumen light and cerakoted grey)

Cool! Shoot it yet?

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Very nice!!! I can see it's a Surefire, but can you give me more details on your light setup?

Thanks.

Sure thing. It's just your standard SureFire M600C Scout weapon light on thumbscrew mount set at 45 degrees on the VLTOR handguard rail. The pressure switch is attached old school style on the leftside of the handguard via velcro. The pressure switch placement is deliberate and it allows me to palm activate the light if I grip the AFG2 fore, or thumb activate it if I choose to place my hand behind the AFG2 aft.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    DSC02106.jpg

Now I just need a lightweight rail and an aimpoint. I installed a BAD lever after I took the pic.

I think I am going to take my aimpoint T-1 off my other rifle and put it on the BCM and my old rifle will get a aimpoint PRO as a replacement.

Trigger is a Geissele SSA, charging handle is a BCM Gunfighter MOD 4. I have shot the upper quite a bit but just got the lower in last week! :party29:

I am glad to see someone else mixing od and fde. Troy doesnt make a sight in od to my knowledge so i went with fde on my od rifle.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER

Haley/bcm hsp jack rifle

Video of rifle;

Your the man...thanks. I think I'm sold depending on price of rail.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Your the man...thanks. I think I'm sold depending on price of rail.

13" smr mk1 is about $340 mk2 is about 270 I think...well worth it IMO. They make a 15" smr mk1 for 370 and I'm not sure what the 10" rails will go for. I should have mine built next month if you haven't bought one by then your welcome to try it out and shoot it.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN

img5418y.jpg

img5412s.jpg

img5414q.jpg

img5415t.jpg

img5417s.jpg

img5419j.jpg

img5421gj.jpg

img5423u.jpg

img5425qd.jpg

img5427js.jpg

img5424i.jpg

img5426d.jpg

that is everything that is cool about ARs, PLUS color. well done indeed. REALLY making me wanna finish my pistol build. what bbl length is that?

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    that is everything that is cool about ARs, PLUS color. well done indeed. REALLY making me wanna finish my pistol build. what bbl length is that?

Thanks. It's a 10.5" with a 1/8 twist. Although I was a bit leery about buying a barrel from a relatively new company who's name as an acronym is ASS (Alpha Shooting Sports). But I got a good deal from a member of this forum who seems to be a really good guy, so we'll see how well she does. ;)

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    13" smr mk1 is about $340 mk2 is about 270 I think...well worth it IMO. They make a 15" smr mk1 for 370 and I'm not sure what the 10" rails will go for. I should have mine built next month if you haven't bought one by then your welcome to try it out and shoot it.

I checked again on multiple sites for mkII in desert sand with no luck. I do want the 13 inch but guess it'll be a wait. If they by any chance release the 13 in the grey color that would be sweet.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Sure thing. It's just your standard SureFire M600C Scout weapon light on thumbscrew mount set at 45 degrees on the VLTOR handguard rail. The pressure switch is attached old school style on the leftside of the handguard via velcro. The pressure switch placement is deliberate and it allows me to palm activate the light if I grip the AFG2 fore, or thumb activate it if I choose to place my hand behind the AFG2 aft.

Thank you. I like that setup. :thumbsup:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You guys using Crush Washers on Suppressor Mounts should remove them. They will cause a concentrically threaded Barrel to cause the Mount to sit untrue and cause a Baffle Strike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom