• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Was there today and was speaking with one of the employees and they were telling me about new LED lighting they're going to be installing on the range. I did get to see one of the new fixtures that will be installed and those suckers are nice. They're supposed to be installed on the firing line 50 ft & 75 ft lines. Will be a nice upgrade. Not sure when it will be completed.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Now if they had a decent ventilation system it might be bearable....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    It was a bit dark when I was there Wednesday. Several of the lights were out. This sounds like a great upgrade.

The employee I was talking to had said part of the issue was the halogen lights over the shooting tables were going out a lot due to the concussion from the shooting. That's a big part of the reasoning for the upgrade.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Right, what I meant was that rifle caliber rifles are not. Some of the fun has to stay home if I go there, or if I get together with buddies that want to shoot their rifles we have to go somewhere else. They do have a Ruger PC9 they rent, I recall.

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    I haven't been to On Target in a while. Have they upgraded the dividers between shooting lanes? One of the reasons I stopped going there was because I got tired of having brass rain on me from the next lane over.

I haven't been to On Target in a while. Have they upgraded the dividers between shooting lanes? One of the reasons I stopped going there was because I got tired of having brass rain on me from the next lane over.

They're the same,I've never had much trouble with them,I adjust or ask the shooter to.Was there last Sun. (surprise visit from son for Xmas) and the lighting was the worst I can remember but the target return was working.(every time I get lane 6 or 7 I have issues,had 5 and whoever had 6 had to keep resetting the breaker).

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Wow, I've not had issues there, but the last time was a few months ago.

Glad they're upgrading the lighting.

Edit: brass flying at me and from me have been an issue. Upgraded dividers would be nice.

wrlg17

Dec 2, 2014
    Annapolis
    New lighting will be great. I go there regularly, always wear my hat for the brass rain! I look at the bright side and use it as practice to keep on target despite the pelting from the next lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom