Where can I find a Star Model B holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Good question! I don't remember what the Guardia Civil used, but I suspect that each country that bought them may have come up with something different. It ought to fit in a 1911A1 holster, but someone else may have a better suggestion.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    These Holsters?
    los-recortes-llegan-al-uniforme-de-la-guardia-civil2.jpg

Jul 1, 2012

Attachments

• 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      50.4 KB · Views: 2,525
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      66.2 KB · Views: 2,112
    Jul 1, 2012
    Here's a correct 1944 Star B holster, issued with the German shipments.
    These are gonna cost you almost as much as one of the recent import guns...
    not sure if anyone offers a reproduction but I doubt it.

Note that it looks a lot like a Hi Power holster from the same period, but there are subtle differences.

Attachments

• H1.jpg
      H1.jpg
      51 KB · Views: 2,183
    • H2.jpg
      H2.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 2,883
    • H3.jpg
      H3.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 2,234
    • H6.jpg
      H6.jpg
      59.9 KB · Views: 2,247
    Jul 1, 2012
    The post-war Star police holsters closely resemble the hard-shell P.38 holsters.
    Lemme go check and see if the Star will fit comfortably in P.38 hard and/or soft shell.
    A Hi Power should definitely work.
    back in a few...

Nope, P.38 holsters won't work.
    The barrel on the Star won't slide down into the holster far enough (the P.38 of course has a much narrower barrel).

The P35 (Hi Power) works after a fashion, you have jam it hard in there.
    Biggest issue here is the angle of the grip is different enough that it interferes with the flap.
    It looks like it will close and latch if you force it (I think - I wasn't willing to screw up my holster).

It does NOT fit in the Tokarev holsters I have. It fits snugly enough but the flap won't close completely - that pesky grip angle again.

It DOES fit perfectly in, of all things, a Husqvarna M1907 (Browning 1903) holster but the mag won't go in the pouches, they're just a wee bit larger than the 1907's.
    These Husky Holsters are usually dirt cheap on eBay.

As Machodoc postulated, a 1911 holster is perfect; it fit into a 1943 holster snug as a bug.
    Of course that is no where remotely the style of a period European holster...

I found this holster. I don't know how long I've had it, where I got it or what it's for. It works. Now, I'd like to find another in better shape. Any ideas on what handgun this holster was for?

Attachments

• star 1.jpg
      star 1.jpg
      141.9 KB · Views: 851
    • star 2.jpg
      star 2.jpg
      146.5 KB · Views: 937
    • star 3.jpg
      star 3.jpg
      141 KB · Views: 929

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    These Holsters?
    los-recortes-llegan-al-uniforme-de-la-guardia-civil2.jpg

I looked at this closely and these are FAKE. Not one is real. What a dissapointment. I thought, hey, I'd like to get a pair of these for me and my wife but NOOO, they are not real. Not at all.

That's right, the hats have been photoshoped in.

Jul 1, 2012

He must have stretched and cajoled it into fitting, I couldn't get it to fit in any of mine and have the top flap close and secure properly or the gun to seat properly. The barrel just doesn't seem to fit down in the holster very well, it stops about 1" to 1.5" from being seated fully. You can see why, as the muzzle of the Star is much bigger (wider and taller) than a P38... The angle of the Star grip is also problematic since it's so much greater than a HP or P38 and keeps the flap from closing properly.

This is with 6 different soft-shells, and 3 hard-shells.
    It almost fits in the post-war, "leading-edge" hard-shell P.38 holster, but still shy of closing properly.

One could try buying a repro soft-shell P.38 ($20-30) and working on it, that'd be the cheapest alternative I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom