• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    wow. extremely generous. i may take you up on it.

thanks Bro

Door is always open, let me know when you are ready, and we'll get together. I am going to be running W296 in my 300BLK. There is load data out there for subsonic and supersonic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sub...=subsonic+w296+300+blackout+load+data&spell=1

I'll have to look at the load data I that came with my dies, but I know I have load data on there, up to 220gr. It won't be too hard for me to reset the powder measure for another spherical/ball powder for you. If you choose to go with an extruded powder, I have a powder measure for that, which I can change over quite easily.

I figure, I'll be able to generate 300BLK ammo for plinking/hunting at about $.40-.50 each, if not less, and be able to get almost match grade accuracy out of it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Silencerco just shipped my ammo. Maybe their lawyers finally decided to read the laws.

Glad they would ship despite the web site warnings.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Put 60 rounds through my suppressed SBR yesterday at the NRA. The Remington stuff worked fine as well. Can was an AAC SDN6

No issues at all.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Put 60 rounds through my suppressed SBR yesterday at the NRA. The Remington stuff worked fine as well. Can was an AAC SDN6

No issues at all.

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

Accuracy? The Remington stuff sucks in my 9" w/ SDN6 (for accuracy - it functions fine). I'd like to see if the Silencerco stuff holds its claims.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i was shooting at 50 yards. it seems to be pretty accurate at least at that distance

has anyone shot the Tomkat stuff?

they're right up the road from me too.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    i was shooting at 50 yards. it seems to be pretty accurate at least at that distance

has anyone shot the Tomkat stuff?

they're right up the road from me too.
    I've shot their 150 gr. 300blk and had no issues with either accuracy or function. I'm also a big fan of their 9mm subsonic.

ap1

Sep 6, 2014
    300 Blackout

We make 300 Blackout in both super and subsonic flavors and we have no problem shipping in Maryland! You can go to our website or give us a call
    we are an industry partner with Md Shooters. We stand behind our ammo!
    It is as good as any and is a lot more affordable.

ap1

Sep 6, 2014
    No need to anneal original sizing, only the reload if you re use the brass. Brass gets brittle as it is worked and unlike other metals it becomes softer as it is fire treated. Annealing helps to prevent neck splits.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Assuming you are converting .556 brass into 300 BO, do you need to anneal the brass before resizing?

Nope. Just trim, deburr, size/form, final trim, deburr, start loading after tumbling. Once all of those steps are done, you don't have to do them again till your next batch. A buddy gives me LC brass and I convert it to 300 for myself. It is his once fired brass, and he doesn't reload.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom