• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I'm glad that other states can send in their "spare" officers. But what the heck! They can just walk on in with their CCWs!? Hell no thats not right! Yes b.more needs them but our laws should apply to them too. Does this bother anyone else? PA can't drive to WV and go through MD.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    By Federal law, any bonafide police officer can carry nationwide.

So what, in an emergency you don't want police officers form other jurisdictions to quickly be able to help the police here without going through a permitting process????

Ya, that makes sense....

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    OP, somebody might care about your concerns if it weren't for what happened last night, what might happen tonight, and the governor declaring a state of emergency and inviting those officers here to assist.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Read the first sentence. Sarcasm is in there..maybe I took it out of the oven too soon. Back to our state laws we subjects cannot protect ourselves.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm glad that other states can send in their "spare" officers. But what the heck! They can just walk on in with their CCWs!? Hell no thats not right! Yes b.more needs them but our laws should apply to them too. Does this bother anyone else? PA can't drive to WV and go through MD.

If they are from out of state they have to be deputized to be able to make arrests but as stated can carry under HR218.

Your OP is very silly and not thought out :lol2:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Federal Emergency Management Compact also allows for police to cross interstate to assist, when requested, and they then have the same legal powers as police in the requesting jurisdiction.

On the same note, 150 New Jersey State Troopers on the way for tonight's festivities. Hood rats who throw bricks at them may get an unpleasant surprise.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    LEOSA. good to know. My apologies to anyone that found no sarcasm in my post. But a few of you seem a little full of yourselves. Beat with a rubber hose and to say to be put in a PD lock up. WOW. I am glad other LE from neighboring states came to assist. I think that our state's ccw laws got us here after many decades. That and our former gov's time as mayor.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    By Federal law, any bonafide police officer can carry nationwide.

So what, in an emergency you don't want police officers form other jurisdictions to quickly be able to help the police here without going through a permitting process????

Ya, that makes sense....

Maryland Law says they can't.
    Bringing them into help out is a different story..

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Federal Emergency Management Compact also allows for police to cross interstate to assist, when requested, and they then have the same legal powers as police in the requesting jurisdiction.

On the same note, 150 New Jersey State Troopers on the way for tonight's festivities. Hood rats who throw bricks at them may get an unpleasant surprise.

NJ State Uniforms are JUST BAD ASS!!!!

Have an Uncle that retired Capt from NJ State Police, he was in the riots in Trenton back in the 60's.....

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    LEOSA. good to know. My apologies to anyone that found no sarcasm in my post. But a few of you seem a little full of yourselves. Beat with a rubber hose and to say to be put in a PD lock up. WOW. I am glad other LE from neighboring states came to assist. I think that our state's ccw laws got us here after many decades. That and our former gov's time as mayor.

I was being funny. Did you see "Christmas Vacation "? "Mr. If I had a rubber hose id beat you." Remember sarcasm ..:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom