• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    "We never encourage anyone to fight back. It's best to comply, but while you're doing that, try to get the best description possible as able to do and then immediately contact 911," Baltimore City police spokesman Jeremy Silbert said.

That's beyond sick. Sent to TTAG.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    What do you want them to do?

Tell you with no weapons and no training to violently resist? And when you get hurt "following what the police told you" I'm sure you wont be first in line with a multi million dollar suit against the city and department.

TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    Good thing that these women can CC to defend themselves. Oh wait...

Glad to see the riffraff has picked up in my neighborhood.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Cant have anyone fight back. Folks might figure out it's easier to resist the goofballs in charge and get their rights back.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Tell you with no weapons and no training to violently resist? And when you get hurt "following what the police told you" I'm sure you wont be first in line with a multi million dollar suit against the city and department.

It's not so much what the are saying to the potential victims as it's what they are saying to the criminals.

"This is Maryland, we already disarmed your victims and told them not to hassle you while you are plying your trade, Open Season!"

I'm waiting for them to force people to carry a minimum amount of cash so they won't be wasting the muggers' time with $10 and $20 robberies.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Exactly. Nothing to worry about for X thug when their victim will likely just give-in. Even better when they hear it on the news.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

How about not advising every thug in maryland that the bullying can get what you want.. Granted most know that already-- but ever think this might invite copy cats -- wanabee thugs looking for an easy score ..

Holy CF Batman..

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    I would never tell a victim of crime or a concerned citizen that self defense is off the table. That's irresponsible. The criminals in Baltimore City who are out committing robbery and burglary today are not the so-called professional criminals of decades past who (for the most part) did their best to avoid hurting their victims. Many of the new breed are sadists. The money is only part of why they do what they do and often times it's a small part. Most of these predators violate other people because it's emotionally satisfying to them. They enjoy degrading their victims and exercising power over them. Many of the victims I encounter are beaten, cut or shot for the hell of it. Unfortunately, without the ability to carry a pistol or wear body armor (which the City Council, in its ignorance, also prohibited) without fear of arrest law abiding citizens are at a distinct disadvantage when confronted by groups of armed felons.

When folks ask me if they should own a gun I almost always answer in the affirmative, so long as they are willing to get some type of training and have the determination to actually pull the trigger if the need arises. If you can't stomach the idea of killing another human being under any circumstances then armed self defense isn't for you. What I also make very clear is that folks need to look up what constitutes perfect self defense and do their very best to avoid the necessity of using deadly force. I encourage people to defend themselves but they need to be prepared for the physical, emotional and legal consequences of doing so. There are plenty of weapons you can carry in MD and in Baltimore City. Believe it or not, it is quite common to see people carrying folding knives, fighting knives, pepper spray and telescoping batons for self defense. Do some research, make your choice and get trained. Then speak to a qualified attorney and make sure that he or she will defend you when the time comes. God willing, shall issue or constitutional carry will arrive sooner rather than later. Wishful thinking, I know.

Signifier

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    It's Marylanstan ,what do you spect.

Why do you call it Stan? People in the Stan countries actually have guns and are generally better armed than Marylanders. This is a liberal blue state and because most Marylanders are unarmed due to lack of conceal and open carry in the state,the best thing to do is to comply for a unarmed population out in public against armed criminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom