• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    I'm not trying to be mean, but why didn't you DINO? There is no point in being an independent in MD.

It took me 20 years to give up being independent. Sometimes it's hard to give up and Thomfantomas is a young guy.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I'd like to agree with you buddy but I think 40% is about the top out point for any republican in a state wide race. The math just isn't there.

I lost all faith after the voters threw Ehrlich out after one term even though he had well over a 50% approval rating. Basically they said "we like him but we are still going to vote for the Democrat"

Bull.. most folks don't vote at all. Most likely disaffected most likely will vote anti status quo..

But if not Md will soon see my behind...

And every time we say no chance we kill the chance we do have....

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It took me 20 years to give up being independent. Sometimes it's hard to give up and Thomfantomas is a young guy.

I couldn't imagine disenfranchising myself.

Bull.. most folks don't vote at all. Most likely disaffected most likely will vote anti status quo..

But if not Md will soon see my behind...

And every time we say no chance we kill the chance we do have....

Agreed. We all know a gun owner who isn't' voting. Fix that.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    I'm voting for Heather Mizuer and I think she is gonna win. Because I want to be able to smoke pot anytime, but its OK cause its gonna pay for free daycare I mean universal pre-K for everyone's kids. And I hear she is going to let us kill off our old folks, I mean let us have assisted suicide. That's good too because everyone knows old people use more health care than young people and that will keep the costs down for the rest of us. I also understand she is going to go after all the rich people and they are going to leave the state, I like that, rich people are rich because they always have more money, if they leave there will be more money to go around for us. And last I'm voting for her because she likes girls and I like girls too. :clap:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    STARFOX?!
    -do-a-barrel-roll-on-google-and-you-won-t-be-disappointed-827452cefc.jpg

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    unfortunately i'm neither affiliated parties but i will cast my vote just wish i could be apart of the primaries

I'm not trying to be mean, but why didn't you DINO? There is no point in being an independent in MD.

I'm curious if the 'independent' (bolded above was meant to be unnafiliated?

There is an Independent Party in Maryland and you can vote in that primary if thereare any candidates. Unnaffiliated meansd no primary.

I was going to DINO, but it was more important for me to vote for Fiora for Sheriff in Carroll County, so I also voted for Hogan. :thumbsup:

Mr H

Banana'd

There is an Independent Party in Maryland and you can vote in that primary if thereare any candidates. Unnaffiliated meansd no primary.

I was going to DINO, but it was more important for me to vote for Fiora for Sheriff in Carroll County, so I also voted for Hogan. :thumbsup:

People often use the two interchangeably, though what you describe is the reality of it.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Brown will be no different than O'Malley, who was not different than Glendenning

And yes, short of something crazy coming out of left field, the Dem will easily win the general election.

Just more of the same. Is it enought to get me to move? No. I've lived under Dem govs and legislatures in this state nearly my whole life. I survived this long....

No fan of Glendenning, but O'Malley has been basically Glendenning on Steroids and my fear is that Brown will up the ante some more. They are losing their fear of political reprisals due to changing demographics and gerrymandering. To be sure, I am not suggesting anyone give up. If anything, it's a reason to fight harder and to look for opportunities because when a group consolidates power, they usually will overreach.

Dec 31, 2012

People often use the two interchangeably, though what you describe is the reality of it.

unnafiliated
    for independence from established party doctrine

that's the one :o

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    @Antigun:thumbsup: thanks for speaking up for me :)

but i recently got into politics 2012...i didn't know at the time:sad20:

It's ok. I didn't mean to come off mean, I just think it's important that we take advantage of one of the tools we do have, the ability to influence competitive democratic primaries.

Dec 31, 2012
    It's ok. I didn't mean to come off mean, I just think it's important that we take advantage of one of the tools we do have, the ability to influence competitive democratic primaries.

:thumbsup:

I totally agree and changed parties when I saw the futility of not voting in the primary that matters for maryland.
    I brought a few other people with me.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Just listened to two republicans in my office talking about how they won't vote this year.

So ****ing sad.

Dec 31, 2012
    Just listened to two republicans in my office talking about how they won't vote this year.

So ****ing sad.

I convinced a few coworkers the error of skipping the democratic primary. They switched and voted.
    They were unaffiliated so maybe it was not as difficult as 2 republicans.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I convinced a few coworkers the error of skipping the democratic primary. They switched and voted.
    They were unaffiliated so maybe it was not as difficult as 2 republicans.

Even if they vote Republican, Hogan needs every vote he can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom