• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Its not what the public perceives ... public perception, what the public sees in what you do is what matters, not what you think you do

Bunting is fine, masks are not

Something the band on the badge doesn't cover up, is their name plate over their right pocket :rolleyes:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I tried reading all the posts, but still could not find anywhere that said the guy has a permit. Maybe I missed it. I saw some mention of possible G&S, but nothing that said he has W&C. So this is not a violation of his wear and carry permit, like the thread title says. It is a violation of the law that says you cannot just carry a loaded gun in your car/glove box in MD because you feel like it. Not sure what defense can be used to fight this.

Yeah he is beat. It could be a violation of the wear and carry if it is stated in the law that is a violation to have a weapon on your person without a valid wear and carry permit :)
    However, unless it is changed, he is in possession of a concealed deadly weapon(or whatever they are calling it now) as well.

There needs no PC or consent or anything as far as the glovebox is concerned. Nobody mentioned PLAIN VIEW.
    Cop is legally in contact with a driver (traffic stop)
    Driver complies with Officer's request for registration and insurance info.
    Driver opens the glovebox to retrieve the cards and voila!, the cop sees the pistol.
    Cop determines the driver does not have a carry permit and the driver now becomes in violation of state law.

The guy would have bettered his chances by just saying he didn't have them(took them out when he cleaned the car and the envelope is in the garage) or something like that.

No different than let's say if someone called on their neighbor because of a loud stereo, etc... Cop is legally at the door talking to the resident about the call for their loud stereo and sees drugs on the coffee table. No warrant needed for that, arrest-able and chargeable. NOW, they can't go through the rest of the house without a warrant, but bang them for what was there in PLAIN VIEW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom