• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    what is actually discussed at these meetings?

This is where the board reviews the denial of a wear and carry permit. The state police has their representative to defend why they denied the application and the applicant can state their case.

Basically, it is just a formal procedure to hammer the final nail in the coffin for someone trying to get a permit.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    They explain all the BS reasons YOU and ANYONE else that applies doesn't have a G&S to get a permit. Occasionally you may get someone with a G&S, . . . "I am now a delegate in the House," or "I am transgendered and feel threatened when I use the wrong bathroom or stop at the gay bar I frequent," :rolleyes: Of course the women who are denied because they have only been beaten close to death once or twice, and those that want simply to exercise a fundamental 2A protected right will ll be rejected. Come on, it will be great fun and maybe I'll by you a cold one afterward.

Last edited:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So what do you gain by going to one of these that does not involve you? Besides higher blood pressure :shrug:

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    So what do you gain by going to one of these that does not involve you? Besides higher blood pressure :shrug:

It lets the board members know they aren't operating in secrecy. Take notes or video and they'll be more apt to follow their own rules knowing it will end up on YouTube. :)

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    They explain all the BS reasons YOU and ANYONE else that applies doesn't have a G&S to get a permit. Occasionally you may get someone with a G&S, . . . "I was repeatedly a** f**ked in a gay bar I frequent and felt threatened with my life . . ." :rolleyes: Of course the women who are denied because they have only been beaten close to death once or twice will be rejected . . . Come on, it will be fun and maybe I'll by you a cold one!

ok I'll be there, the cold beer thing sounds good. :party29:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    It lets the board members know they aren't operating in secrecy. Take notes or video and they'll be more apt to follow their own rules knowing it will end up on YouTube. :)

Plus, it will help you see how to handle yourself to waste more of their time and prepare you for the rejection of your own application/appeal.:sad20: Yes, I am going to waste a few hundred bucks and apply to become a statistic, and then appeal. I don't care how long it takes.

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Hey, since Chipotle and the other restaurants are now off limits maybe we can get Texas Open Carry to attend! :lol2:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    It is a farce, especially when they give themselves time to decide which is not in statute. My appearance in front of them was well past the 90 days they are permitted, by law, in which to hold the hearing, make a decision, and report said decision to the applicant. The letter they send when they schedule a hearing is intentionally (based on the fact that I have received three of them due to rescheduling requests) held for days after written/signed in order to arrive at the applicant's house less than 48 hours prior to the mandatory "yes I still want my hearing" response is due. The letter even has the audacity to state, after the serf has requested the appeal, that the Board may take an additional 120 days to respond to the serf, even though the vote on final action is taken within minutes of the applicant walking out of the hearing room.

They are already in violation of the statute in more ways than one, even before the applicant even steps in the room to attempt to hold them to the law. The fact that it is an "open meeting" which takes place BEHIND the security entry to a Maryland State Police Barracks (a clear violation of the Open Meetings Act) is just another bitch point. The whole thing is a shameful abuse of fundamental civil rights.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    I'd be all for taping the meeting and posting the whole thing online. Let them know you're going to take names and such, so that if, for instance, someone is denied, and then somehow harmed in an attack where a firearm could have been useful, everyone will know who to blame :D

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Anyone know how it actually get my damn review before the board? I was one of the original Wollard 365. Requested a formal review last year in August, (Sent certified mail), and requested in December again via certified. Still no response. Who do I call? Because sending certified mail is not doing any good.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Anyone know how it actually get my damn review before the board? I was one of the original Wollard 365. Requested a formal review last year in August, (Sent certified mail), and requested in December again via certified. Still no response. Who do I call? Because sending certified mail is not doing any good.

Above is a good example of just how screwed up the process is. :sad20:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Hey guys - I know I was the OP and expressed interest in attending the next meeting - which dblas kindly posted was tonight (6/17) at 7:00 PM at the Glen Burnie Barracks, but unfortunately I cannot make it. I will be working late tonight, and just won't be able to get there. Looks like I'll be trying to attend the next one, i.e. the first Tuesday of next month.

tashby

MDS Supporter
    Sep 13, 2013
    The meeting's consist of east coast liberals that does not look at your case's fairly....A good and substantial reason that they will consider is if your dead in your grave. I have to live beside my threat that has robbed us and has had multiple of charges of assault's and I was not issued a permit do to the reason the crime had accrued on my property and I have the right to carry on my property...ugh..When I had explained that when I return home from work that my firearms are in the safe in the house and not on my person when I enter my home where the potential danger would be...I was told to transport a fire arm in my vehicle and I had to remind them that by doing that it is a crime with out my wear and Carrie permit....Duh! They confirmed that with the State police that attended the meeting and they had still denied me the right....With them I feel they need to be replaced by knowledgeable people that has a concern for the good guys.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The meeting's consist of east coast liberals that does not look at your case's fairly....A good and substantial reason that they will consider is if your dead in your grave. I have to live beside my threat that has robbed us and has had multiple of charges of assault's and I was not issued a permit do to the reason the crime had accrued on my property and I have the right to carry on my property...ugh..When I had explained that when I return home from work that my firearms are in the safe in the house and not on my person when I enter my home where the potential danger would be...I was told to transport a fire arm in my vehicle and I had to remind them that by doing that it is a crime with out my wear and Carrie permit....Duh! They confirmed that with the State police that attended the meeting and they had still denied me the right....With them I feel they need to be replaced by knowledgeable people that has a concern for the good guys.

You are partly correct. I know of at least one member who is a firearm trainer and owns a company. I took my Utah permit class through their company. I am assuming the deck is stacked 3-2 or 4-1 with anti-2A members.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=174936

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You are partly correct. I know of at least one member who is a firearm trainer and owns a company. I took my Utah permit class through their company. I am assuming the deck is stacked 3-2 or 4-1 with anti-2A members.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=174936

That could work well for you. There has been a bit of media on Realtors carrying guns, and documented threats in the profession. Another point if they'll listen.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    That could work well for you. There has been a bit of media on Realtors carrying guns, and documented threats in the profession. Another point if they'll listen.

Possibly. Hoping to not have to get to the appeal. I have my informal review this Tuesday.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    This is the makeup of the Board that denied me a permit on February 18, 2014:

Rolinda S. Collinson, Charles L. Washington, Roland Knapp, Seymour Goldstein and Charles Thomas, Chair.

Also in attendance was CPL Aaron Knaub "from whom testimony was received."

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    If Montoya 32 has to go to an informal appeal after a "not approved," then team Hogan and Pallozzi are definitively not 2A supporters, and do not care about your right to carry a firearm contrary to all the propaganda and express statements they have made implying otherwise. Keep up the good fight Tim, I am right behind you. We will both know the truth soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom