I can't wait for an answer (Connie DeJulius)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Hello

I wanted to take a moment to reach out to your campaign. I was very excited to see someone challenge Brochin. That said, my excitement has dropped after I received recent mailings showing your support for gun control. I am a registered Democrat, you can check my voter information, and you will find that I do support many Democratic ideas such as pro-choice and marriage freedom. I became a Democrat because I believed in using science and evidence to view the world. It saddens me how Democrats refuse to use this world view on gun control. Despite numerous studies from independent sources, even one commissioned by the CDC, Democrats ignore these studies and promote this idea that gun control will make us safer. My question to you is this. Assuming you will continue to view gun control as a good thing, what will you do to make me safer?

Please don’t respond with a simple “gun control will make you safer.” I want to know what you will do to really make me safe. What will you do about that violent criminal who just broke into my home and thanks to gun control, I have to cower in my room and hope he just wants to rob me. What will you do with him? Two years ago, Annapolis held a vote on forcing violent criminals to serve their full sentence, no good time credits. Annapolis Democrats STOPPED THE HEARING WHEN THE AMENDMENT PASSED, WENT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, HELD A REVOTE AND IT FAILED. Will you do this do? Or will you stand up and demand violent criminals be kept in jail? What will you do to protect our children? Again, I hope you will provide an answer that is more than just “gun control.” Will you tell me that making “gun free zones” will help? Will you tell me that a sign will stop a criminal who doesn’t obey the law?
    I understand I will not change your view on gun control, although I wish more Democrats would look at facts instead of the lies and half-truths (even CNN has exposed these) but I hope at the least, if you win, you will fight for policies that address all violence. I hope you will not be like those in Annapolis who proudly advance gun control, but at the same time, allow violent criminals to get back out on the street. There is nothing worse than this.

Thank you for your time.

I'm not expecting much of a reply, just a canned response about how gun control will be a deus ex machina.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I guess we can start hitting the people who ousted incumbents with these type of letters pretty soon. Hopefully the message will stick a bit with knowing what voter base helped them win.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    Unfortunately, I have a feeling you're going to receive the canned responses straight from the Bloomberg guncontrol rhetoric book.

1) Get high powered assault weapons off our streets (assuming they dont even know the current law)
    2) Universal background checks
    3) More taxes and fees to sway the public not to own a gun
    4) registration
    5) Empower / promote the Gov is there to protect you.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I think we can all predict her response, if there is one. Thanks to the modern miracle of early voting, she has already served her purpose in my life... letting me vote against Jim Brochin in the primary. I still carefully read her numerous mailings as they make good intel for the November general election. Beyond that, she can FOAD.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I think we can all predict her response, if there is one. Thanks to the modern miracle of early voting, she has already served her purpose in my life... letting me vote against Jim Brochin in the primary. I still carefully read her numerous mailings as they make good intel for the November general election. Beyond that, she can FOAD.

She is nothing more than an extension of Curran & Co., and can be counted on to spew the 'company line', no doubt.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Republicans like science too!

Dr. Tyson agrees

http://bigthink.com/videos/neil-degrasse-tyson-bushs-war-on-science-was-not-as-bad-as-we-think

The portfolio of the nation includes, you know, the physics done under the Department of Education and the National Science Foundation and the National Institute for Health and NASA. There’s a whole science portfolio that comes under the Science Adviser’s office, the Office of Science and Technology Policy, OSTP. If you look at that portfolio, in fact, major money was added to that portfolio over the Bush administration. The NIH budget went up. The NASA budget went up. Although, by less than many people wanted, given what’s on its [plate]. In fact, the NIH budget nearly tripled over that time. The National Science Foundation budget went up. Meanwhile, under Clinton, President Clinton, over his 8 years, the budget for the… for NASA, for example, dropped by 25% in actual spending power. So, it’s not accurate to characterize the Bush administration as being anti-science if you measure support for science by the flow of money.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Great letter, but a small quibble with it: it is not "Annapolis Democrats". It is "Maryland democrats in Annapolis".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom