Is it true that there is no castle doctrine in our state?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I find it ironic that MD requires you to carry large sums of cash to be granted a permit. If that's not property I don't know what is.

Not just property businesses property -- its a black code.

Jim Crow lives in MD. Frosh knows what he is doing. ;)
    And so do we. Now we tell all the liberal holier than thou types..

:)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I disagree completely. The "out of touch with the times" argument is what has brought us zero tolerance, revolving door prisons, and all that crap.

Property defense like in Texas has it's place. Last year with the taco stand owner shooting the guy in the back that stole his tip jar. Who's to say that the mans baby wouldn't have gone to bed hungry one day that week. Sorry but what's mine is mine. Thieves deserve whatever they get.

The reasonable man doctrine says otherwise. A proportional response might work. In texas you can that's why frosh uses tx as a bogey man. But out of touch is not the issue. Respect for life is the issue.. Good guys only kill when there is no other choice. That's what makes then good guys and that's why they can be trusted.

Violate that trust and you lose public support of ccw. Don't do it.

Respect for life..

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The reasonable man doctrine says otherwise. A proportional response might work. In texas you can that's why frosh uses tx as a bogey man. But out of touch is not the issue. Respect for life is the issue.. Good guys only kill when there is no other choice. That's what makes then good guys and that's why they can be trusted.

Respect for life..

DUDE!

I've agreed with many of your posts over the last 9 months, BUT you're really tweaking my last nerve on this thread. Screw the Reasonable Man Doctrine crap.

The point a few of us are trying to get across is that theft and vandalism is like a death from a thousand cuts.

It wears on a person after a while. At some point, people who commit crimes like this are not entitled to anything other than retribution. They gave up their right to live among decent, hard working, honest people.

This country is in the shits because we have given up on judging people. People should be judged and held accountable for there actions and I don't mean through the court system either.

We need new laws that empower the decent people in this country. We need laws to help people feel less afraid. We need laws that put the decent first and the criminals second.

Things are getting out of hand. Crime is getting out of hand. The way people treat other people is getting out of hand. The "Knockout Game" comes to mind.

It's gotten to the point where the good have to turn the other cheek when confronted by the bad. That's fine for the bible thumpers, but I'm not a bible thumper.

I'm a Conservative Traditionalist and this country needs help.

Geeze!

ATTENTION NSA: I'm not a potential domestic terrorist. Now go spy on someone else.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    sounds like the bad guys have it better than the good guys. It is still best to be a crook on Wall Street though. Steal a billion, pay $850K in fines and walk away, no gun, no mask,:sad20:

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009

Respect for life..

I could give a crap about the reasonable man doctrine. Thieves don't have my respect or do they deserve it.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I find it ironic that MD requires you to carry large sums of cash to be granted a permit. If that's not property I don't know what is.

The carry permit is not granted to protect the cash, it's for self-defense those who would kill you to take the cash.

Funny thing is that I always see an armed guard standing around when they empty the metro fare machines during rush hour. You would think that since virtually all guns are banned outside the home in DC, there would be no need for an armed guard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    DUDE!

I've agreed with many of your posts over the last 9 months, BUT you're really tweaking my last nerve on this thread. Screw the Reasonable Man Doctrine crap.

The point a few of us are trying to get across is that theft and vandalism is like a death from a thousand cuts.

It wears on a person after a while. At some point, people who commit crimes like this are not entitled to anything other than retribution. They gave up their right to live among decent, hard working, honest people.

This country is in the shits because we have given up on judging people. People should be judged and held accountable for there actions and I don't mean through the court system either.

We need new laws that empower the decent people in this country. We need laws to help people feel less afraid. We need laws that put the decent first and the criminals second.

Things are getting out of hand. Crime is getting out of hand. The way people treat other people is getting out of hand. The "Knockout Game" comes to mind.

It's gotten to the point where the good have to turn the other cheek when confronted by the bad. That's fine for the bible thumpers, but I'm not a bible thumper.

I'm a Conservative Traditionalist and this country needs help.

Geeze!

ATTENTION NSA: I'm not a potential domestic terrorist. Now go spy on someone else.

Well then tell the mga to fix it. I am OK with lobbying for better laws. But pretending the law is what you want it to be is not a good idea.

Now if that's what you meant with your posts. Cool let's change the law. But independent direct action is more likely to give us worse laws..

So let's figure out how to make the case for Md to have real self defense laws. With out overeaching so that we make some progress and incrimentalism works for us this time.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I could give a crap about the reasonable man doctrine. Thieves don't have my respect or do they deserve it.

You have that right. But don't expect an easy ride under current law.

Change the law... or become a test case to change the law.

I am not a fan of this doctrine I am just less a fan of prision

Trust me I have many arguements opposing Md version on the reasonable man doctrine. The place to make them is in the mga not when I trial for your life.. but that's just me..

If someone here does become a test case they will have by support unless they were really reckless.

I support the case in Glen Bernie for example basesd on what I know. I prefer not to discuss it since we have no facts but i am hopeful it will lead to a good and just result. And maybe even give us some leverage to get good legislation passed.

Jul 4, 2013
    So the permit is issued to protect your property, since without property to protect, you don't deserve a permit.

It really speaks to how unfair "may issue" is. Consider the two situations:

1) You carry a large sum of cash on your person, someone comes up to you and attempts to use deadly force or great bodily harm to take it. You respond with deadly force. If you satisfy the other prongs of self-defense, it's a justifiable shoot.

2) You carry a large sum of cash in a briefcase, someone comes up and snatches it, not threatening force or harm. You respond with deadly force. 1st Degree Murder Charge.

It's all about harm to the person, not property. So "shall issue" is a statutory attempt to say that people who deal with more property ($), are at a higher risk of harm than people who don't.

On a random note, this could create an equal protection legal issue similar to the one raised in the SB 281 injunction suit if another "may issue" case went before a court.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009

Trust me I have many arguements opposing Md version on the reasonable man doctrine. The place to make them is in the mga not when I trial for your life.. but that's just me..

If someone here does become a test case they will have by support unless they were really reckless.

I support the case in Glen Bernie for example basesd on what I know. I prefer not to discuss it since we have no facts but i am hopeful it will lead to a good and just result. And maybe even give us some leverage to get good legislation passed.

I understand all that. My comment was directed more so towards the moral aspect and what constitutes a good man.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013

By the way, that Glen Burnie case just started today. As of 10:30am, they were in Jury Selection.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom