• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    AGC just sent an email update re: New MSP Superintendent.

Mr H

Banana'd
    seriously... 1 day after the legislative session ends seems fanciful to me. Seems to me a lot depends on how the legislative session goes to begin with. Washing the stench of O'Malley off the state is a multi-year project.

I think one day isn't particularly helpful in the long term, but possibly once all legislation is signed or vetoed, and all that dust is settled.

The ideal is still to get legislation passed to codify G&S, which would keep the onus off both Hogan and Pallozzi. Second choice, IMO, is for Pallozzi to make the decision internally. Third (politically) is for Hogan to issue an order.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Brown's office invited William M. Pallozzi, a Maryland State Police supervisor, to the Aug. 19 game this year.

I don't know if an acceptance of an invitation is anything more than good manners and "being a team player". Obviously a purely political occasion, but nothing that raises huge red flags for me yet. He might just like football.

Time will tell I suppose.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    There's no way in hell the GA is going to pass and codify self defense as G&S.

They dont need to . In the infamous wisdom they failed to put in the law what G&S is which can bite them in the @ss if the new MSP Head says Self Defense the 2 Amendment is G&S they can go pound salt till they pass a law that says what a G&S is which would be shot down by the courts

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I will remain skeptical for the time being. Don't want to get my hopes up only to be let down. This is still Maryland and there are still Ass hats in Annapolis.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I don't know if an acceptance of an invitation is anything more than good manners and "being a team player". Obviously a purely political occasion, but nothing that raises huge red flags for me yet. He might just like football.

Time will tell I suppose.

I like guns but I wouldnt accept an invitation to a game from MSI or Smiegel

Last edited:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The reason I said day after is I want to give as much time for permits to be issued before the new legislative session. Max possible time before the law could be changed

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    step 1. elect non gun banning governor
    step 2. allow him to make appointments
    step 3. tell the governor what you want

The best way to accomolish that, is to pack the hearings for the bills that will give us what we want. sb100 and hb 767 define self defense as a g&s substantial reason. maybe the legislature will act, since they are under the gun of a superintendant's definition. maybe they wont. but several thousand people packing the building will send a clear message to the governor and his superintendent. it can't be ignored and may aid his political capital on the issue, especially since the drive by media will be all over any change in the system.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Great, just great, now the unwashed masses will be given the opportunity to carry for self defense.

I must contact Bloomberg to see what he can do about putting a stop to this!

...sorry guys don't know what came over me. I must have been temporarily possessed by Martin Owe-mally. :)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think one day isn't particularly helpful in the long term, but possibly once all legislation is signed or vetoed, and all that dust is settled.

The ideal is still to get legislation passed to codify G&S, which would keep the onus off both Hogan and Pallozzi. Second choice, IMO, is for Pallozzi to make the decision internally. Third (politically) is for Hogan to issue an order.

There is another... My prior remains that there will be a "precipitating event" - court opinion (e.g. Peruta goes to SCT), national reciprocity, etc. which forces action.

I think that it will take a longer time coming than people think, but when it does happen, it will be like a dam breaking and happen faster than people imagine.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Look, they need to quietly start doing this now or at the end of the session. No announcement, no fanfare, just start approving applications. In 3 years the libs and moderates alike will have forgotten about this and vote on other issues. Particularly after 3 years of permits and no blood running in the streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Look, they need to quietly start doing this now or at the end of the session. No announcement, no fanfare, just start approving applications. In 3 years the libs and moderates alike will have forgotten about this and vote on other issues. Particularly after 3 years of permits and no blood running in the streets.

Might be a good time to put in an application.

Anyone know long the MD concealed carry permits are good for?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

I thought about that scenario. No way they can "quietly" change the standard. I expect about 1000 "yes! I got my CCW" posts/threads on MDShooters. More than a few "How to" and "status" threads. And, the press monitors MDS. It will be impossible to keep this cat in the bag before the first permit is even issued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom