• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    It applies to C&R's done at MSP and thru an FFL01 that are exempt from HQL requirement, but not those you receive directly with an 03.

If its going on a 77r, it applies, if not, it does not apply.

Gotta love this state, I'll end up getting the collector status anyway since it's free.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    As far as infringements go, at least this one was free, if you don't count the cost of having it notarized, mailing registered and missing work to do the paperwork drill.

$15 for notarizing.

Some 45 cents to mail (no Registered required, and anyway, for this Certified would have been the proper choice).

No time off from work, walked into mail box store on my way to Metro. Took 5 minutes.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    $15 for notarizing.

Some 45 cents to mail (no Registered required, and anyway, for this Certified would have been the proper choice).

No time off from work, walked into mail box store on my way to Metro. Took 5 minutes.

dang, who charges $15 for notary? Mail place by work charges $4 but they know me so they do it for free :D

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    you telling me that's a law or something?

http://www.sos.state.md.us/Notary/FAQ.aspx#fee

In accordance with State Government Article §18-112 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Secretary of State is authorized to issue regulations regarding notarial fees. Regulations were issued and became effective on November, 2000, outlined as follows:
    • A notary public may demand and receive a fee of not more than $4.00 for the performance of an original notarial act
    • When a notary public is requested to notarize more than one copy of the same document, where the copy or copies have been signed at the same time by the person or persons, the notary may demand and receive not more than $4.00 for notarizing each signature on the original or first copy of the document, and may demand and receive not more than $1.00 for each signature on each additional copy of the same document
    • When a notary public is requested to make reproductions of a notarized document by photocopying or other means, the notary may demand and receive not more than $1.00 for each copy furnished
    • A notary public may charge up to 31¢ per mile and a fee not to exceed $5, as compensation for travel required for the performance of a notarial act.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Maybe it was less.

But it was easiest to stop at the mail box place I walk past every day.

Yeah, my bank would have done it for free.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Mailed mine on 1/26...nothing yet.

Got an email response from Sr. Trooper Lauretta Thompson...

Processed & Approved 2/13.

So, 15 business days between the day I mailed it, and when it was approved...

Perfect timing too...my previous purchase is eligible for parole today, ie; done with the 7 day wait.

so....
    Buh-Bye...Headed to one of our fine IP's... :outta her

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Got an email response from Sr. Trooper Lauretta Thompson...

Processed & Approved 2/13.

So, 15 business days between the day I mailed it, and when it was approved...

Perfect timing too...my previous purchase is eligible for parole today, ie; done with the 7 day wait.

so....
    Buh-Bye...Headed to one of our fine IP's... :outta her
    :thumbsup:
    Don't wear that collector letter out :lol2:

BH8911

Jan 27, 2015
    Got my DC today. Going 22LR pistol shopping tomorrow. It was quicker than my HQL.
    Now my credit card is going to take some damage. Got it a little under 3 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom