• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo

Jan 10, 2015
    Still waiting after 3.5 weeks... Submitted 3 days after my HQL paperwork was submitted and I received my HQL last week (Took just under 3 weeks for HQL)

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Wow, I think mine took several months back in '09, though I don't really remember.

By the way, it's not a "license", it's more of a "status".

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Previous reports seem to indicate that if you have already purchased a regulated firearm, it took less time for the DC, versus applying without any regulated purchase on file.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    Wow, I think mine took several months back in '09, though I don't really remember.

By the way, it's not a "license", it's more of a "status".

+1

Think the State gives you a letter of sorts as well. I might be wrong about this though.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yes, you get a letter.

If you lose the letter, they will not give you a replacement.

But you don't need it. Just tell FFL you are a Designated Collector, or check the box on the 77R. If you are NOT, the MSP will come have talk with you. :)

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Usually no problem. FFL should have applications on hand so that obstacle could be out of the way.

Does anyone know if they ask for HQL number now. I've been a collector for a long time and am curious.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    As far as infringements go, at least this one was free, if you don't count the cost of having it notarized, mailing registered and missing work to do the paperwork drill.

We are mere shadows of our forefathers.

quote-if-ye-love-wealth-better-than-liberty-the-tranquility-of-servitude-better-than-the-animating-samuel-adams-337113.jpg

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Usually no problem. FFL should have applications on hand so that obstacle could be out of the way.

Does anyone know if they ask for HQL number now. I've been a collector for a long time and am curious.

Aren't there people who are HQL exempt but still subject to all other MD infringements?

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland

Both IP's I have bought from said they needed the actual HQL card to copy for the file. The number itself was not good enough.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Designed for those that buy more than one gun a month. You must have the official collector designation otherwise you may only buy one handgun per month.

Does that apply to C&R handguns also?

IE. I bought a C&R handgun a few days ago out of state using my C&R license, do I need to be a designated collector to buy another C&R handgun from out of state without the month wait?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Does that apply to C&R handguns also?

IE. I bought a C&R handgun a few days ago out of state using my C&R license, do I need to be a designated collector to buy another C&R handgun from out of state without the month wait?

It applies to C&R's done at MSP and thru an FFL01 that are exempt from HQL requirement, but not those you receive directly with an 03.

If its going on a 77r, it applies, if not, it does not apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom