• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just what the title says.

Looking for relatively inexpensive NON-METALLIC 7.62x39

Corrosive is fine as it won't hurt a damn thing. Any Opinions on the Yugoslavian M-67 surplus?

Need in-door range ammo.

Any favorite brands or favorite bulk vendors out there?

Much thanks in advance.

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    If your looking for brass cased, ppu always seems to be the cheapest at around .50 per round. Steel cased, but with all copper and lead bullet from red army standard is usually .35 per round.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I've had good luck with fiocchi and ppu. U can find it for 40ish cpr sometimes. Right now it's around 50 though.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Just what the title says.

Looking for relatively inexpensive NON-METALLIC 7.62x39

Corrosive is fine as it won't hurt a damn thing. Any Opinions on the Yugoslavian M-67 surplus?

Are you ok with it because you don't mind attending to them with immediately cleaning or...... what is your thought here......

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Shooting it and cleaning it afterwards works well.

Never understood not shooting corrosive ammo in guns that were designed to shoot corrosive ammo.

.30 vs. .55 per round is a no brainer.

Buy cleaning supplies with the money that's left over.

Wasn't intending to start another corrosive vs. non-corrosive thread.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Anyone looking for super clean x39 ammo on stripclips needs to look at this stuff.

Clean and shiny brass. Smooth feeding clips. Sealed primers.

Worth every penny.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    wait, what? You mean non magnetic, right?

As for the Yugo brass M67 I shot the tightest group I have ever shot with an autoloader with that ammunition, it is excellent.

It was through an AK build I was doing with a nitrided virgin Yugo barrel with none of the hardware attached- just a nude barrel protruding out of the receiver.

I am told the plume of fire geysering out of the gas port was beautiful.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So just for the heck of it, let me ask. What happens if you don't immediately clean after using corrosive ammo?

Feb 28, 2013
    Chad posted a good thread on that with pictures, that were NOT pretty. You MUST flush 'em out after you shoot corrosive ammo, and the sooner the better.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    wait, what? You mean non magnetic, right?

As for the Yugo brass M67 I shot the tightest group I have ever shot with an autoloader with that ammunition, it is excellent.

It was through an AK build I was doing with a nitrided virgin Yugo barrel with none of the hardware attached- just a nude barrel protruding out of the receiver.

I am told the plume of fire geysering out of the gas port was beautiful.

Yes! Thank you. Non-magnetic bullets.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    So just for the heck of it, let me ask. What happens if you don't immediately clean after using corrosive ammo?

Your firearm will dissolve into a gooey pool of red iron oxide in the time it takes to go from the range to your home.

At least that's what I've heard.

I prefer to clean them when I get home, but a day or two has gone by in the past with no ill effect.

Feb 28, 2013
    In the thread I couldn't find, the gun in question was even corroded under the muzzle brake. Gotta clean 'em EVERYWHERE.

The scary thing to me is at what point can you assume you've flushed out all the bad stuff?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    In the thread I couldn't find, the gun in question was even corroded under the muzzle brake. Gotta clean 'em EVERYWHERE.

The scary thing to me is at what point can you assume you've flushed out all the bad stuff?

Here's my take on it.

These surplus guns have been digesting this corrosive ammo since the guns were made. 50 plus years.

I'm sure the firearms weren't cleaned all spic n span before being put away.

They are still in remarkably good condition because they were designed to use this ammo.

This is one of those debates that will never end. Just like the .45 is a much mobetta round debate.

I think the humidity level has a lot to do with accelerating the problems. Just like black powder being hygroscopic.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    My take is the complete opposite of ihatethemlibs, and it usually is.

Ever consider the "white glove" inspection? It was not invented because of the M16. Soldiers, Marines, and Sailors Firearms were expected to be cleaned before being lubricated before being placed into storage. The thorough cleaning makes the GAUGING process more efficient as the Armorer does not have to re-clean before using the gauges. The cleaning also ensured the firearm wouldn't corrode once stowed, assuming it has adequate protectant applied before storage. Surplus Bore Cleaners were designed to deal with the corrosive properties of corrosive ammunition.

In cases where a Soldier, Marine, or Sailor didnt do their job and a weapon was damaged by corrosion the Govt just replaces the weapon. Is that the mentality of a collector or shooter that cherishes their firearm? Especially truly collectible ones that cant be replaced? :sad20:

Clean the firearm properly if you use corrosive ammo.

Here is my take on it. http://www.scotts-gunsmithing.com/f-a-q/gunsmith-related-f-a-q/corrosive-ammunition-cleaning-tips/

Last edited:

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I shoot corrosive ammo in bolt actions, but never in a semi-autos just because I can't be sure that I've adequately cleaned the gas system and don't want to take a chance. To me, it's worth the $.20 per round for non-corrosive. I know that people are all over the place on this, and no one is "right". Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just got back from FreeState after shooting the corrosive and gun dissolving Yugoslavian M67 SKS ammo.

Here are some pictures just as it looks after shooting. Covered in crud, soot, primer sealant, and all other forms of firearm damaging salts and chemicals.

The firearm is reassembled and will not be touched or cleaned for a period of two weeks. At which time, I will take a second series of pictures and we can all compare notes.

What better way to put your money where your mouth is than with pictures. I am prepared to stand corrected if my SKS turns into an unusable chunk of red iron oxide.

sks crud 003.JPG

sks crud 004.JPG

sks crud 005.JPG

sks crud 006.JPG

sks crud 007.JPG

sks crud 008.JPG

sks crud 009.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members