• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I know they don't sell to you, but Dark Sun has the best price on Rossi 92s to I hit the Fredericksburg Gun Show today to snag one. $459 + tax and background fee and I now have a 20" 92 clone in .357. The saddle ring has a piece of leather on it, and I'm swapping the idiotic scope mount for the proper rear sight. I also picked up 150 rounds of 44-40 from Georgia Arms for $101.09. I'll post pics after I get home from work.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Am I understanding you correctly: The shop will not sell lever-action long guns to MD residents?

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Stupid way for a business to self-limit its market given how much disposable income there is in MD compared to most places, northern VA aside. Would be little different than me discontinuing Army sales of my product because I disagree with top brass banning use of MagPul magazines in the M4.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Stupid way for a business to self-limit its market given how much disposable income there is in MD compared to most places, northern VA aside.

Yeah, I know. They show up at the gun shows, they're based out of Richmond. They don't bother me none but they do rub some folks the wrong way.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Do you like the Rossi's? I was looking at one in 44mag but have heard mixed reviews.

edit: Congrats to you!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Do you like the Rossi's? I was looking at one in 44mag but have heard mixed reviews.

I'll find out tomorrow. I have to find the ammo for it, since someone decided to "clean up" and moved all of my ammo.

It is perfectly legal for a MD resident to purchase a long gun in VA, as long as it isn't on the banned list.

Yes, it is. Unfortunately, a lot of shops don't want to deal with it. Especially the magazine issue. Guns & Ammo Warehouse had some PCCs that they're iffy on since they come with 30-round magazines.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

I have a stainless carbine in .357. I like it a lot. The action on any of them can be iffy until it breaks in. Some people, especially for CASS, have the action professionally smoothed out. They are a good deal for the money. I've seen spotty issues with quality on blued examples for sale over the past couple of years. I've not eyeballed a new stainless one in person I wouldn't buy if I had to have another.

It is perfectly legal for a MD resident to purchase a long gun in VA, as long as it isn't on the banned list.

Everybody here knows that. It's an issue of a VA shop owner choosing to be an a-hole to prove some kind of point (like how to railroad yourself out of business).

TheMaskedRabbit

Oct 26, 2011
    Salisbury
    Two years ago, Dark Sun had a beautiful, unissued Polish M44 on their table at Chantilly for $365. With tax and background check fee it would have been under $400-- a very good price for the time. I had the cash in hand, but they would not sell to me because I was a Maryland resident. :mad54:

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    They told me "It's all your fault [meaning MD residents overall, including gun owners] for electing those dumbasses into office. Get rid of 'em and we'll sell to you."

I fired right back with "well the jackasses in annapolis are just as much my fault as that dipshit YOU elected as a governor, so eat a whole bag of dicks. I'm an Iowa resident; I'll just buy stuff from Iowa FFL's."

He seemed a bit surprised at my response.

**** Dark Sun and everything they think they stand for.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its Dark Sun, I wouldnt have bought anything from them just on principal at this point.

Err redstripe...........clouds the mind.

Nice gun though

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    And thanks for pooping on my thread.

20b8e1bc-f53d-4fb7-a4e9-d806ec4e98b8_zps44de4295.jpg

45e097ae-5a2f-4090-8a18-249d58dc6b93_zps1c6e94ef.jpg

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    probably shoulda left the "where" out. ;) nice gun even if they're assholes that I wouldn't piss on to put out if they were on fire....

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I'll find out tomorrow. I have to find the ammo for it, since someone decided to "clean up" and moved all of my ammo.

I have a Puma/Rossi....in stainless but a 44 Mag. I LIKE it, very smooth actually, probably even smoother than the 1960 Marlin 39A I had. Very nice wood BUT hurts the shoulder after a box of full load 240 gr bullets.

Last one at Gander a few years ago, paid 500. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom