• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yep a C&R handgun is still a handgun and subject to MD's regulations regarding regulated firearms.

Clarifier- This only applies to in state transactions. You can use your C&R to purchase C&R pistols at shows in PA, VA, etc.
    Maryland law trumps the C&R for transactions within state lines. You still have to log C&R purchases in your bound book when purchased with MSP paperwork in MD.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Speaking of c&r pistols msp told a seller of a 1911 I am buying that we can not do a transfer outside the state of md between two md residents,they said md law still affects us,I've seen c&r pistols in the classifieds offering to go out of state to transfer,just wondering what others view is or have done,im still getting the pistol just thru my local ffl now.

Speaking of c&r pistols msp told a seller of a 1911 I am buying that we can not do a transfer outside the state of md between two md residents,they said md law still affects us,I've seen c&r pistols in the classifieds offering to go out of state to transfer,just wondering what others view is or have done,im still getting the pistol just thru my local ffl now.

This has been debated many times.
    IMO... If two MD residents meet in another state to do a C&R transfer I believe they are intentionally trying to skirt MD law and are risking prosecution. On the other hand, if two (Maryland resident) C&R holders coincidentally happen across each other at a gun show in another state and do a transfer there, it would be a different story.
    Talk to 20 MD C&R holders and you'll likely get 20 opinions on this.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Even with an FFL 03 ?

Yes, one of the many reasons why Marylandistan sucks. As a C&R holder you can get C&R hand guns shipped to your door from out of state with no MSP paperwork and no wait, but you can't buy one in your own home state of Maryland without the not disapproved papers and the wait. :shrug:

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Early reports? How is it? I'm stuck in the office but might hit it on the way home today, otherwise I'll be there Sunday.

Billy Bones

Flagoneer
    Mar 27, 2012
    Grasonville, Md
    Quick Question. Not sure if it goes here, but anywhoooo

Does anyone know if sellers want strictly cash, or will some accept a MD check as a form of payment?

Thanks.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Quick Question. Not sure if it goes here, but anywhoooo

Does anyone know if sellers want strictly cash, or will some accept a MD check as a form of payment?

Thanks.

Most except cash, credit, and checks. You'll have better luck haggling if you have cash.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Lots of C&R but not so many bargains
    Lots of Arisakas

Primers and powder
    Guy in the middle had powder
    Did not see prices but here is a list
    Longshot
    IMR 4320