• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    My father is looking for a decent mount for around 65 bucks. He is going to use the stock side mounts for the rail.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I went with the Kalinka Mount, a little heavy but works well and has a rail that can accept and array of Optics. Was going to use it on the SLR106 but decided not to, not sure what it is going on now.

beaglefan

Nov 29, 2008
    Essex md.
    Legion Arms make a nice one.Mounts scope low and centered over barrel.Paid less then 50 at a gunshow for one.Seen them on the net but can't recall where.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Are you local? I have a cheapie side mount (paid $30 for it) you can have if you want it. Its just a standard slide-on mount with 3 hex screws to secure it. It only has the top rail though, no side rail on it. link to a pic below.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ak-47siderailscopemountpartmntaka16.aspx

I have this one on my modded Arsenal SGL-21, its a beautiful mount, but not quick release, and no side rail.

http://www.tacticalaccessories.com/products/viewproduct.php?id_product=398

Personally I'd get a quick release mount (makes cleaning easier). Thats whats going on the SGL-31 when it shows up.

jodavk

Nov 30, 2010
    I've tried the UTG QR and the Belarus BN02 made QR. The UTG was OK for the $25 but needed tightening nut adjustment every every 10 off/on cycles; it did hold zero for the 50yd AK plinking I was doing. The Belarus made QR was rock solid and I have only had to re-tighten the lockdown adjustment once in probably over 40-50 off/on cycles. But, it cost $60 and took 20days to get. Both centered the rail perfectly over the AK rcvr. The UTG is OK for a plinker, the BN02 would be for serious.

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Thanks Darth but I think my father is going to lean towards a Russian optic that has the mount built in.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    If you want a Russian look, you might consider a Trijicon RX06-24. I have this setup on my Arsenal. The profile is rather Kobra-ish, and the triangle reticule allows for very precise distance shooting (no batteries either, Russian red dots aren't known for their battery life). You can get the optic for about $350 plus mount. As far as sites other than Kalinka, I found a bunch of sites selling Russian optics back when I wanted a Kobra, but most were overseas (and expensive). Thats why I went with a Trijicon to emulate the Ruski look.

E4RD003.jpg

beaglefan

Nov 29, 2008
    Essex md.
    Kalinka is where I got my Kobra. Like DarthZed said a lot of the other sites are overseas.Kalinka has a nice assortment and easy shopping cart shopping.And was delivered in about 5 days.Good site if you want to stay with combloc gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom