What is the most accurate C&R gun you own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DennisCA

This gun is more accurate than I am: (cause my eye site is getting older)
    finnmosinoverview.jpg

My son (who is in his mod-20's) can shoot the s**t out of it!

After that is pretty much of tie (IMHO) between my Enfield, the M1903a3 and my K11 (although I haven't shot the K11 that much)

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I need to do a good, benched accuracy comparison with most of my stuff but from what
    I usually shoot, I get the best groups with my Swedish M96 Mauser. May be surprising to some, but my Type 38 Arisaka shoots almost, if not just as good as my Swede also.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Rifle: My Wideners RC K98. It is incredibly accurate with anything from factory ammo to FMJ and powder coated cast reloads. So far my best group is with 4064 and Hornady SST bullets.

Note: I have a K31 but haven't gotten to really test it out yet.

Pistol: I've gotten some impressive groups with reloads in my Yugo M57 Tokarev off a pistol rest at 20+ yards. So far, Hornady .309 XTP bullets have given me the best group.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    K31 without a doubt. I've had 1.5" groups at 200 yards with irons. I know it would be better if it was s oped.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    My Danish Home Guard 1917 Eddystone. The Danes installed a nice target front post. I can nail gallon milk jugs at 200 yards all day with it. Shamefully, I've never tried it on paper to see how truly accurate it can shoot.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Gewehr 98 by a wide margin for rifles, which is weird because when I bought it I thought the bore was pitted, but it turned out just to be dirty. When cleaned the rifling was a bit worn, very shiny but not sharp any more and there appeared to be a small amount of throat erosion. That gun shoots MOA with good ammunition, it's really quite incredible.

As for pistols, that would be my Post war P38/P1. Mine is marked P-38 and not P1 even though it has the alloy frame. No hex nut but it does in fact have the larger heavier slide so I'm not too worried about hurting the gun unless I go shooting +P in her. I was advised that European ammunition is generally hotter in 9mm than American sporting 9mm, and that so long as I kept it to 124 grains or lower of not +P ammunition then the gun would be fine. Recoil is gentle and I can punch one ragged hole at 25 yards if I do my part or rest my hand/gun on my backpack.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Oh yeah, the best ammo I ever put through this gun (the G98) was brass cased surplus. I am like 90% sure that wideners is selling some of it right now and it's the same ammo. I bought some ammo from a buddy for 100 bucks because he threw in the ammo can and ended up with some loose 5.45x39, even though I currently don't own a rifle that shoots it, under that were a few boxes of Tulammo 7.62x39 hollow points (maybe 40 rounds) and under that boxes of the romanian steel cased 8mm mauser. Under THAT was the brass cased 8mm mauser in a plastic bag simply having "Sneyper" (sic) written on it

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    How do you define accuracy? 5 shot group or being able to hit close to the Xring on the first shot of the day?

You may have a great repeatable barrel but sights that are lacking.

You can have a traditionally accurate design but get one with a sewer pipe of a barrel or one that is shot out.

Ammo can play a huge factor also.

Many rifles have 'tweeks' you can perform on them to make them better.

I think if you can get 1MOA out of any Milsurp scoped then you are doing very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom