• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I've finally reached the point where I want a big boy air rifle. From what I gather, the fixed barrel models tend to be more accurate. That being said and since RWS is a bit out of my price range (I used to have a model 48 in .177 but traded it off) does anyone have any experience with the Hatsans? Anything else I should look at in the sub $300 category? I've been spending lots of time on pyramid air and it's a bit overwhelming! Thanks

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I have a Nitro Venom and like it a lot. I prefer the nitro piston since the springers were hard for me to get used to shooting.

Key for me on Pyramid is to use their selection tool on the left to narrow things down for me. Helps me a lot to get it down to a few options.

Sign up for their emails so you'll know the best sales with them once you do decide to go.

I have a nice PCP .25 listed in the classifieds now if you want to make that jump:D

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    I have a Hatsan break barrel type of air rifle in .22. I can tell you that you get a great deal of gun for the money. Walnut stock and a rifled steel barrel for $150 bucks...omg. They are made in Turkey so like most of the other Turkish made stuff its very well priced. I am sold on Hatsan.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I've been shopping too, and I'm looking hard at an AirForce Condor SS or Talon SS (only difference is barrel size); kind of like internally suppressed .22LR's, except you don't have to get the tax stamps.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/AirForce_Condor_SS_PCP_Air_Rifle_Spin_Loc_Blue/3064/5931

AFU-Condor-SS-w-Spin-Lock-Tank-BLUE_AFU20932B_zm.jpg

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/AirForce_Talon_SS_PCP_Air_Rifle_Spin_Loc_Blue/2243/4485

AF-TalonSS-W-Spin-Loc-Tank-BLUE_AFU20232B.jpg

The only down side is that you would have to get a pump, too.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Thanks for the info lawdog!

BenL, I like the air force guns but they are too rich for my blood.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I ended up getting a Benjamin Phoenix NP2. Wow! I was not prepared for how powerful it is! Straight through 2ft of foam plus 3/8" MDE! Just did a little playing around this afternoon and seems to function fine. Once I have it dialed in, I will work on free holding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom