• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Yes the calibration was off as it wasn't even supposed to present the "R" candidate as an option.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    The way I'm reading this, you'd have to be a ****ing moron to NOT notice you voted for X and got Y. So if you see that and don't report it...I'm not understanding how you can blame anyone else?

Obviously the machine shouldn't do that and clearly it's not just a "calibration" error, but that's very different than changing the votes on the back-end where you CAN'T see it. If you saw it and let it go through, then I have nothing to say.

THAT is real fraud.
    Understood, not necessarily fraud, but understand this: "****ing morons" are allowed to vote and are entitled to have their votes be counted properly. The burden of the government to conduct elections with absolute certainty as to the intent of the voter is very high and this fell unacceptably short.

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    Isn't this considered a normal operation in Chicago?

Yup.

In other news, Chicago Democrats are visiting local cemeteries offering "Free Lifetime Flowers" on your headstone to any occupants who vote in their favor. Word is, they plan to offer free transportation to all who take them up on their offer, too ;)

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Now everyone, don't stress out, this isn't a glitch, they just forgot to deactivate this feature after the last presidential election. [/sarcasm]

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    The way I'm reading this, you'd have to be a ****ing moron to NOT notice you voted for X and got Y. So if you see that and don't report it...I'm not understanding how you can blame anyone else?

Obviously the machine shouldn't do that and clearly it's not just a "calibration" error, but that's very different than changing the votes on the back-end where you CAN'T see it. If you saw it and let it go through, then I have nothing to say.

THAT is real fraud.

So I actually agree with most of the sentiment you've posted, but having worked with touch screens before, I can tell you that calibration of the touch screen (or a lack thereof) could actually lead to this. What it sounds like happened here is that touch screen was miscalibrated such that when you hit one spot, it was registering hitting a spot a certain distance in a given direction (e.g. 3 inches to the right). If that's the case, it's simply a sensor issue and wouldn't be specific to candidates, positions, or parties. I'm making some assumptions there as the article is quite light on details.

But I think you're absolutely right that a touch screen sensor glitch isn't really the issue. Rather, the issue is how trivial any level of fraud becomes once you move to electronic voting of any kind. At the very least, all of these voting machines should be fully and openly documented (complete electrical and mechanical schematics and full source code for all firmware/software available to all) and made available for some sort of inspection by any party with standing (voters, candidates, parties, etc). If all that just sounds like too much effort, then my honest opinion is let's go back to paper ballots. These things are a nightmare for free and open elections.

Claybreaker 2

Aug 25, 2013
    Frederick County
    The Dems claim that voter identification laws discourage "minority" voters. I argue that incidents like this, combined with undocumented voters, multiple voters, dead voters, bought voters, etc. discourage conservative voters who think that their vote won't count after all of this fraud. When the government ignores the limits of the COTUS and the citizens do not feel accurately represented by the politicians nor can they believe that the election process is fair, accurate or honest; we see how far the libtards have undermined our country.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    The Dems claim that voter identification laws discourage "minority" voters. I argue that incidents like this, combined with undocumented voters, multiple voters, dead voters, bought voters, etc. discourage conservative voters who think that their vote won't count after all of this fraud. When the government ignores the limits of the COTUS and the citizens do not feel accurately represented by the politicians nor can they believe that the election process is fair, accurate or honest; we see how far the libtards have undermined our country.

Voter identification laws discourage? I'll bet everyone of them have a welfare ID card.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    So I actually agree with most of the sentiment you've posted, but having worked with touch screens before, I can tell you that calibration of the touch screen (or a lack thereof) could actually lead to this. What it sounds like happened here is that touch screen was miscalibrated such that when you hit one spot, it was registering hitting a spot a certain distance in a given direction (e.g. 3 inches to the right). If that's the case, it's simply a sensor issue and wouldn't be specific to candidates, positions, or parties. I'm making some assumptions there as the article is quite light on details.

But I think you're absolutely right that a touch screen sensor glitch isn't really the issue. Rather, the issue is how trivial any level of fraud becomes once you move to electronic voting of any kind. At the very least, all of these voting machines should be fully and openly documented (complete electrical and mechanical schematics and full source code for all firmware/software available to all) and made available for some sort of inspection by any party with standing (voters, candidates, parties, etc). If all that just sounds like too much effort, then my honest opinion is let's go back to paper ballots. These things are a nightmare for free and open elections.

This. Plus a little sluggish response time, and it will happen. Use a paper ballot as a protest.

Its the only way to make the point. No http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Neumann_architecture can ever be secure. It can be proven that it can never be provably secure.

The kind of denfese in depth needed may well compromise secret ballot.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'd be surprised if Chicago had an election and the voting machines DIDN'T do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Frankly I don't trust any electronic voting machines without a paper audit trail. Too many opportunities at several stages to tamper with results.

eventhorizon

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2011
    Arnold
    I heard this also happened somewhere down South with early voting, but cannot find a reference to confirm it. Did anyone else hear this on the news today? :mad54:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo

I mean, sensor miscalibration like that occurs all the time in electronic touch-screens. I think all of us have experienced that at the grocery store or somewhere else inconvenient.

It would be nice if it was open source, but I can't see any capitalist standing for that. Imagine all the "proprietary technology" and "patent" circumlocution you'd get in that conversation!

Honesty and integrity mean nothing to these people.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    IMO, More and more cities in the country are beginning to look like gotham city, where the corruption is so deep, we need a batman lol

Chicago would be my first pick if I had to choose which American city resembles gotham the most lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom