• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This was one of my first C&R purchases, a SOG handpick. I stumbled across it tonight, and figured I'd post some pics. The stock has a really nice tiger stripe pattern. I got three original Nazi boxes of ammo for it from Shooters Discount awhile back (I think there's two or three clips to a box) but I haven't fired it. From what I hear, my shoulder might not like this one!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      90.9 KB · Views: 848

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Looks like a nice one! I love my Steyr M95s. They have a stout kick to them but at least in my experience I don't think they're any worse than my M38 Mosin-Nagant. I shoot PPU ammo out of mine.

If you don't know already, don't bother taking the bolt out unless you want to spend an hour trying to get it back in the rifle...ask me how I know :facepalm:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looks like a nice one! I love my Steyr M95s. They have a stout kick to them but at least in my experience I don't think they're any worse than my M38 Mosin-Nagant. I shoot PPU ammo out of mine.

If you don't know already, don't bother taking the bolt out unless you want to spend an hour trying to get it back in the rifle...ask me how I know :facepalm:

Thanks for the advice on the bolt. I spent a few minutes trying to get the bolt out when I first got the rifle, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I just have up.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Those straight pull bolts scare the ever loving crap out of me.

I understand mechanical devices, but I do not understand these designs.

I need to do some research and figure out how they lock-up so the bolts don't fly back and slam the shooter in the face.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    This was one of my first C&R purchases, a SOG handpick. I stumbled across it tonight, and figured I'd post some pics. The stock has a really nice tiger stripe pattern. I got three original Nazi boxes of ammo for it from Shooters Discount awhile back (I think there's two or three clips to a box) but I haven't fired it. From what I hear, my shoulder might not like this one!

You got a firearm to match your cat. :) How adorable

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Thanks for the advice on the bolt. I spent a few minutes trying to get the bolt out when I first got the rifle, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. I just have up.
    Same here, until I realized that all you do is push the trigger forward and the bolt comes right out.

Those straight pull bolts scare the ever loving crap out of me.

I understand mechanical devices, but I do not understand these designs.

I need to do some research and figure out how they lock-up so the bolts don't fly back and slam the shooter in the face.
    The bolt head rotates and there are locking lugs on the bolt for it to lock into the receiver. Wear a hockey mask when you shoot it and you're good to go.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Same here, until I realized that all you do is push the trigger forward and the bolt comes right out.

The bolt head rotates and there are locking lugs on the bolt for it to lock into the receiver. Wear a hockey mask when you shoot it and you're good to go.

Yea, figured that out when I tried to clean it the first time. I had a hell of a time trying to turn the lugs back to insert it into the rifle again. Did it a few times and kinda got the hang of it but it still sucks.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I want one of each, Austria and Hungary. SOG is out of stock atm. I clicked the email me button for both.

South Carroll Sporting Goods had a *really* nice Hungarian one for $140 a few months ago. I almost got it. It wasn't long before someone else snatched it up.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It will pound your shoulder harder than Kim Kardashian backstage at an NAACP convention.

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    For anyone adventurous to take the bolt out of the receiver, pull it back without pushing the trigger. When it stops place a dime on the neck between the bolt head and body. Then proceed as normal. Keep the dime in place or else the head will snap down and its a pain to get back to a point where you can get it in the receiver again. If you you want to take it all the way apart then that is on you, I can't help someone who dislikes their own thumbs that much.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    You have a very pretty M95 there Alphabrew. :thumbsup:

M95's can kick like a huge mule, but once you know that they're fun shooters. Reloading for them is the most economical route. Feeding them cast boolit loads makes shooting cheaper and tones down the recoil a lot.

If you haven't disassembled the bolt and cleaned it well you should. Knowing the "dime" trick on M95 bolt removal and reassembly is a must.

Take that beauty to the range and have some fun. :D

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I took my bolt all the way down when I got my first one, I didn't think it was that bad.

I STILL haven't shot mine yet. I have two (both Steyr), one I left in the cosmoline. They are really neat, short and pretty light (the 95/34)

I have some of the original Nazi ammo (comes with two clips holding 5 each per box) and some PPU as well. I also got the dies to load for it, but haven't gotten that far.

Looking forward to shooting mine now that the weather is nicer. I hear the Nazi ammo is quite stout compared to the PPU stuff. I won't be shooting the old stuff, though. It looks too cool.

Buymilsurp.com still has the Nazi ammo for sale (request it specifically if you order) but he takes the clips out and sells them separate, so all you get is the ammo.

Alpha, that stock is AWESOME!

These are a heck of a deal for the price, a very interesting piece with a unique bolt, some neat markings, and interesting history. Definitely worth the price to add to your collection if you can still find them.

Too bad the bayonets are so expensive! I would like to have one, but I'm not paying what I paid for the rifle just for that.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Here it is below........

I'm gettin' nice wood lookin' at that nice wood.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom