• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    same for me. was supposed to get my Surplus barrel & upper receiver on thursday. Still ain't here. Apparently it was on two trailers, because the status says "late trailer" twice....at the same location.

it's laurel. do you really expect employees to have any ability to do more than the bare minimum required to not get fired?

a friend of mine has a neighbor who works for UPS. when he was first hired, during the 90-day probationary period, he was a no-call/no-show not less than 51 times. And they kept him on after that.

He of course was pissed that he didn't get a raise after showing up 39 times in his first 90 days of employment. But they kept him on the job.

And therein lies the problem with UPS. They're apparently so desperate for people to fill a brown shirt, that they'll literally hire ANYONE. No standards in hiring....why should there be standards in delivering packages on time?

Mine is also a surplus barrel. Must of gotten shipped at the same time as yours. I got the late trailer notice on thursday and friday.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    The new DOT laws certainly don't help get freight moving.

I find it simple, start minus 5min plus 14 hrs is when you're off. If you plan on being of Street 8 or 9 hours you are going to be heartbroken.

The half hour break before the end of your eighth hour is a killer. Also the two consecutive periods of 1 A.M. to 5 A.M. at your home terminal for your reset also makes things difficult.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I have them hold all my packages at the terminal for pickup. (I know this won't work for everyone, the Laurel customer service facility is a few miles from me.) I picked up a package on Friday, and they were in madhouse mode. Most of the people in line were having issues, mine was "still in the warehouse" so I had to come back later that day but I did get it then. Plus I have ammo currently experiencing weather delays, so I'm in the club too.

shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    I believe it, My package is still at Laurel so I won't be getting my package for at least another day or 2. Hope the rest of my packages aren't through UPS. Haven't had this problem with Fedex yet

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    What service was it sent?

If ground, I have seen packages held until the 5 days that they quote. They occasionally seem to want people to not get better service than they paid for.

pilgrim

The half hour break before the end of your eighth hour is a killer. Also the two consecutive periods of 1 A.M. to 5 A.M. at your home terminal for your reset also makes things difficult.

Glad I usually don't work 7pm - 5am. Though today is 0650 start so lets see 0645 plus 14 is off by 2045. Figure they are gonna clip us by an hour so 1945. Gives me 12 hrs for today, but really who knows how thing will pan out when the snow starts.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Glad I usually don't work 7pm - 5am. Though today is 0650 start so lets see 0645 plus 14 is off by 2045. Figure they are gonna clip us by an hour so 1945. Gives me 12 hrs for today, but really who knows how thing will pan out when the snow starts.

I am a linehaul driver. I usually start at 1900 or later. I hate the goofy reset rules.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    My ammo delivery has been rescheduled 4 times. Looks like today might be the day! Maybe.

My driver is great. Obviously not his fault for the box sitting at Laurel for several days. At least I don't live within walking distance of the Laurel depot anymore. Don't feel as bad about my packages sitting there.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    the logjam might be breaking up

I have them hold all my packages at the terminal for pickup. (I know this won't work for everyone, the Laurel customer service facility is a few miles from me.) I picked up a package on Friday, and they were in madhouse mode. Most of the people in line were having issues, mine was "still in the warehouse" so I had to come back later that day but I did get it then. Plus I have ammo currently experiencing weather delays, so I'm in the club too.

My ammo shipment was originally scheduled for Tuesday (today) then got "weathered" until Wednesday. Checked this morning and it was back to Tuesday, tracking showed arrival in Laurel around 4 AM. Went to Will Call this afternoon, and I now have my ammo:party29:

Also, not many people in line, things seemed to be running much smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom