• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Just ordered a Barnett Quad 400 with scope from Amazon . Mostly very good reviews. $349.00 with quiver of 3 bolts.
    I will post a report when I get it . Should arrive tomorrow. I'll shoot her thursday.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Just ordered a Barnett Quad 400 with scope from Amazon . Mostly very good reviews. $349.00 with quiver of 3 bolts.
    I will post a report when I get it . Should arrive tomorrow. I'll shoot her thursday.

So how was it?

And do the bolts that come with these kits have removable field tips so I can put broadheads on them?

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Got it Wednesday. Went together fairly easy. It came with 3 bolts and I ordered 4 more. From what I can see the bolts seem good quality carbon shafts. You can put field points or broad heads on them. The scope that came with it seems very decent as well. I am very very glad I read the reviews and ordered the cocking rope. This is a must.
    It has been raining since I got it and I have not had a chance to give her a shot and sight in the scope. I don't foresee any problems.
    From all the reviews and from what my buddy has been telling me I am excited to get it. I can't wait to take her to the stand. I have not been out this year yet. I really need to get out but have been waiting for cooler weather. I got a Hernia Surgery scheduled in 2 weeks so I had better get out soon. Once I have the surgery done I will be sidelined for a while.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I bought this one at Dicks:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/sa-sports-175-lb-fever-crossbow-package.aspx?a=959330

I love the package. I replaced the bolts with 20" carbon fiber cabelas ones. Scope is decent (not great), but I still shoot 3" groups at 25 yards with it all day.

For $135, you can't beat it. It is a great setup for hunting or just shooting at a dirt cheap price. Bow, cocking device, quiver, scope, bolts, wax, etc. Everyone is impressed when the see it.

Vandy

Feb 27, 2007
    Churchton, MD
    My advice is not to go cheap. I do not own a crossbow, but have shot about a dozen different models that friends/family have owned across different price points. I would much rather have a "cheap" compound vertical bow than a "cheap" crossbow.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    My Barnett Quad 400 shoots amazing. I have never shot a crossbow before . This is great. I can't wait to take it hunting. Incredibly fast and accurate . I'm shooting bolt into the same hole. For $349.00 I am very happy.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Not to steal someone else's thread, but can anyone recommend a starter crossbow for my 12 year old son who is not accustomed to bows of any sort? He likes the guy on the Walking Dead series who always carries the crossbow.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    My advice is not to go cheap. I do not own a crossbow, but have shot about a dozen different models that friends/family have owned across different price points. I would much rather have a "cheap" compound vertical bow than a "cheap" crossbow.

Some of them are crap and some of them aren't. After owning my SA Fever for a year and a half, I love that thing and accurate as all get out. Recurves are not an expensive tech to produce and thus, great bows can be had at great prices.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Not to steal someone else's thread, but can anyone recommend a starter crossbow for my 12 year old son who is not accustomed to bows of any sort? He likes the guy on the Walking Dead series who always carries the crossbow.

SA Fever from sportsmans guide. Comes with a stringer to make cocking easy and all the parts and bolts you need to shoot it for a cheap, cheap price.

No need to cry if he breaks a bolt or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom