• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    Here is the Bear my 10 yo son took opening morning. Not the biggest bear is the woods but i was not gonna tell my boy to pass it up . Took me 10 years to get a tag , and i made both my sons Sub-permittees .. Hunt of a lifetime for me !

Attachments

• 54457d3d360e0.image.jpg
      54457d3d360e0.image.jpg
      78.2 KB · Views: 206

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    That's awesome. Congratulations.
    I'm up here hunting in Swanton with relatives. This weather has added a level of difficulty to this hunt.

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    Gonna do a full-mount of that teddybear ?

Yes , My boy wants a full body . Gonna do a laying on a limb wall mount. And call it what you want . I'm proud of my 10 yo Son for taking this bear . Wasn't about the size of the bear we brought out of the woods... It was about the memories...

That's awesome. Congratulations.
    I'm up here hunting in Swanton with relatives. This weather has added a level of difficulty to this hunt.

i got a little spot off of Mt. Zion Road .. Place was loaded with bears this fall .

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Yes , My boy wants a full body . Gonna do a laying on a limb wall mount. And call it what you want . I'm proud of my 10 yo Son for taking this bear . Wasn't about the size of the bear we brought out of the woods... It was about the memories...

Sorry, didn't mean to disrespect you or your son.

Looks like the bear has a really nice coat, makes for much nicer mount than some old animal with raggedy chewed up ears from years of fighting.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    We put up a stand overlooking a creek between 2 ridges . She came off the hill and crossed the creek about 40 yards infront of us . A well placed shot and down she went

Congrats!!!

My subpermittee hunting partner and I --- went up Allegany County, Maryland, on Monday an Tuesday --- and we both got skunked; though I did find some fresh bear tracks an scat.

Who's doing the taxidermy work for you?

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    Congrats!!!

My subpermittee hunting partner and I --- went up Allegany County, Maryland, on Monday an Tuesday --- and we both got skunked; though I did find some fresh bear tracks an scat.

Who's doing the taxidermy work for you?

My buddy Jeff Mills . He owns Millsworks Taxidermy in Agusta WV . By far the most reasonable price and has always done great work for me.

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    Sorry, didn't mean to disrespect you or your son.

Looks like the bear has a really nice coat, makes for much nicer mount than some old animal with raggedy chewed up ears from years of fighting.

Oh its fine Sir , seem to run into alot of people that don't understand my we have a hunting season for them up here. As for the fur , she had a thick shiny coat with a beautiful blaze. Gonna make him a pretty mount.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I didn't know they had dropped the quota and made it a 4 day season. Much better way to do it. I will get picked someday. 5 years and no luck yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom