• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I know times are tough. Just give your guns to me I will keep them in my safe which has plenty of room in a secure house in a decent neighborhood. The best part is its cheap Only 5 bucks a month. Should you ever need em just ask if I haven't left state in the meantime! :)

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Despite the low number of combination I think the simplex lockbox is a great option. If they added a key that disabled unlocking the simplex lock when you weren't home I think that would improve the security. However, the more secure something becomes that harder it can be for the owner to get in. There are always tradeoffs.

BTW if anyone have a box with a tubular "back-up" lock you are just kidding yourself because they can be picked in a second.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I found out from the owner that FAS1 uses a simplex lock made by Illinois Lock Company. It also uses a slightly thinner gauge (7) steel than the Fort Knox (10).

Actually, they both use 3/16" steel (7ga) on the door. Ft. Knox uses 10ga on their body and FAS1 doesn't say what they use (though the exception proves the rule here IMO). Still, I had no idea the FAS1 used that heavy of a construction - not bad at all.

For comparison, the Barska biometic safes use 2mm steel, which approximately corresponds to 14ga, or 43% what the door on the other two are.

I've like the FAS1 so far. I didn't mount it next to my bedside mainly because I was too lazy to drill the holes and I think it might flip over my stand. The sucker is heavy! The tactical holster works fine even if you don't have a light. There's room on the bottom to fit ammo or another (small) gun. I fit a Ruger SR22 on the bottom. I wish it had a built-in thing for a cable lock though. I bought some glow in the dark stickers and trimmes them to fit on the simplex lock buttons. I'm going to buy another one for my wife to have on her side of the bed and also one for the living room.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    I've like the FAS1 so far. I didn't mount it next to my bedside mainly because I was too lazy to drill the holes and I think it might flip over my stand. The sucker is heavy! The tactical holster works fine even if you don't have a light. There's room on the bottom to fit ammo or another (small) gun. I fit a Ruger SR22 on the bottom. I wish it had a built-in thing for a cable lock though. I bought some glow in the dark stickers and trimmes them to fit on the simplex lock buttons. I'm going to buy another one for my wife to have on her side of the bed and also one for the living room.

Not sure if you used the discount code off our video, but its still up there and will save you a few bucks. Not sure how long it's going to be up though..

BMassBMore

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    I own 2x FAS1 Safes. While I agree that the limited combinations (1056 I believe) mean these won't keep someone out forever, they're perfect for what I need.

These are very well built, and the gas piston is an extremely useful feature.

You can get a slightly larger version, and they now have the option for a carpeted interior. I can't recommend these highly enough.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My fort knox allows (2) buttons at once as part of the combo.

Is this feature also functional on the FAS1? How does it impact the possible number of combinations? Can you do the double button more than once in setting a combination?

Thanks in advance for the info.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    I am obviously blind because I've watched this over and over and still don't see anything. Maybe it is being blocked by one of my Chrome extensions.

Its on there...you might want to up grade from Dial up...:lol2:

J/K

This is from the description under video....code at bottom

Today we review the FAS 1 Safe. Its a great US made safe for your home defense handgun.

fas1safe.com

$15 discount code at checkout: (((2AGuysAndGear15))) :D code

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom