• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    I just had the pleasure of deflating a local delegate after getting a "vote for me" phone call. One of Jay Jalisi's minions just called asking for my vote, after the spheel he asked if there is any issue I would like addressed, I said yeah how about letting Maryland residents be able to carry a consealed handgun. After being taken aback I asked if he supported SB281 last year, I heard the delegate tell the guy "oh yes I very much supported that and handgun licencing last year". I said thanks for letting me know that, he won't be getting my vote then. Have a nice night. Must be that I'm registered as a Democrat now, I can't wait for more phone calls!
    Perhaps he should listen to his constituents as I seem to remember being one of 1300 that waited 16 hours to testify against that last year against the 20 or so that showed to testify for it. Granted that was for the Senate, but I also stood in line for an entire day to sign up to do the same for the house. I only wish I could have seen his face after hearing that. I can't wait to get more calls, hopefully Kevin Kamanace will call so I can ask if he still likes to yell at old people.......

Chris Rummel

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    It's even more fun when you are actively out campaigning for a Republican candidate. When someone says, "No thanks, I'm a Democrat," you can counter with "So am I and I am supporting Candidate X. Let me tell you why."

There are some moments of disappointment. A quick peek at one of Brown's mailers had me hoping Hogan was raffling off an AR-15. Quite a letdown when I took a closer look.

It's even more fun when you are actively out campaigning for a Republican candidate. When someone says, "No thanks, I'm a Democrat," you can counter with "So am I and I am supporting Candidate X. Let me tell you why."

There are some moments of disappointment. A quick peek at one of Brown's mailers had me hoping Hogan was raffling off an AR-15. Quite a letdown when I took a closer look.

:thumbsup:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

True. I like people listening more intently when I talk about these issues. Both Dems and Reps listen more when I tell them I'm a registered Dem.

Good times, :)

Last edited:

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I wish I would get a call. I did just get an email from a Dem delegate saying that the "Rain Tax" is not a tax on the rain, but a "Fee" for storm water! Im not sure what to do with this. I want to scream at her: "in O'Malley's own words, EVERYONE KNOWS THAT A FEE IS A TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!. STORM WATER IS RAIN!!!!!!ITS A RAIN TAX!!!!!!!YOU TAXED THE RAIN!!!!!!!!!SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!" Now with that said, I don't mind paying my FAIR share of reasonable taxes.

Last edited:

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I wish I would get a call. I did just get an email from a Dem delegate saying that the "Rain Tax" is not a tax on the rain, but a "Fee" for storm water! Im not sure what to do with this. I want to scream at her: "in O'Malley's own words, EVERYONE KNOWS THAT A FEE IS A TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!. STORM WATER IS RAIN!!!!!!ITS A RAIN TAX!!!!!!!YOU TAXED THE RAIN!!!!!!!!!SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!" Now with that said, I don't mind paying my FAIR share.

Don't look too close at the spin or you might see the truth.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Being able to tell folks when they ask if MSI is "some republican thing" that I'm a registered democrat illicits some befuddled responses.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Being able to tell folks when they ask if MSI is "some republican thing" that I'm a registered democrat illicits some befuddled responses.

And the current President of MSI is a registered Democrat. :party29:

fogman

I'm proud to have a "Democrats for Hogan" bumper sticker on my truck!
    https://my.hoganforgovernor.com/democrats-for-hogan/

It's kind of fun to be operating behind enemy lines, and although the primaries didn't turn out well at least I get to vote against Frosh twice.

I've got one on my truck as well, opposite my "I miss Reagan" sticker.

Usually have my NRA life member hat on as well while behind the wheel.

Charlie K.

Feb 3, 2013
    Baltimore
    Just got that phone call. Oh what a feeling. One of the questions they asked was are you pleased with the last 8 years. I told them my family and I are part of the 47% that want to get out. Call ended right after that answer.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have been a registered Democrat since the day I turned 18. It was clear to me then that being a registered Republican didn't make since in my district.

I can't tell you how often I get odd looks and comments from both sides when I tell them of my party affiliation. It wasn't until I was sitting in Del. Smeigle's office and pointed out that I was the only D sitting in the room that some others started to catch on. There were at least 20 members from Maryland Shooters in his small office. Del Smeigel and a few others then used the term DINO and I'm glad to see the idea has spread.

If you really want to get the party faithful D's upset show up at the Union meeting with two 4X8 Hogan signs mounted in the bed of your truck.

Attachments

• 20140823_192052.jpg
      20140823_192052.jpg
      66.6 KB · Views: 202
    • 20140823_173525.jpg
      20140823_173525.jpg
      73.3 KB · Views: 204

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I have been a Dino for the last 20 years,gives me a little satisfaction voting against the likes of OweMalley,Cardin,Babs,etc every election cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom