5 Ridiculous Gun Myths (thanks to the movies)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    #6 Slide never locks back when out of ammo
    Every other movie featuring a gunfight has that titular scene where the bad guy is about to stick it to the good guy (who has ran out of bullets or otherwise disarmed). BG makes a speech, then drops the hammer with the gun at point blank and *click*. No ammo. Good guy seizes the moment and subdues BG, mano-e-mano.

I've made it a hobby to count how many rounds are fired in scenes with no chance of reloads. And s a MD resident, I want to know where I can get these capacious but compact "hi capacity" magazines?!

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I hate the gratuitous gun noises. I think about 9/10 times I see someone pulling a GLOCK in a TV show/movie, I hear clicking or cocking sounds. Just stop it.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    #7 Dropping the magazine renders the pistol incapable of firing (guns without this feature).

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    #8 shooting some one with a shot gun will blow them off their feet.

have none of these people ever heard of newtons law!

Nubz

Yankee Trash
    Mar 16, 2012
    I bet that glock wasn't loaded with subsonic ammo lol
    Wouldn't have been movie quiet but seemed like the majority of the noise was the bullet down range

the Javid

Part time baby killer
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bowie
    Actually bullets don't travel more than 3-5 feet under water. Also you in hollywood you can shoot someone in the knees with double barrel shotguns and take out everything but the bone(once apon a time in Mexico). Also pistols have unlimited max effective ranges and grenades are light as a featuer and make explosions the size of air dropped ordinance. For one, you are not throwing a grenade further than 50 yards and thats if you are a freaking pitcher who can zing soft balls out at 120 mph. And two, if they made an explosion as big as they do in the movies it would be impossible to throw one far enough away to not kill yourself. And to be fair, on the military grade vests they are tested at the distance that the bullet they are attmpting to stop reaches it's maximum velocity. Incase you didn't know that's not point blank range.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    When you swing your gun around it makes rackety clackety sounds. Doesn't matter which gun it is or how much or little you move it. It's going to rattle like a freaking maraca.

I know some guns make a little noise when you shake them, but some movies take this to the extreme. Like when the good guy brings his weapon up to aim at the bad guy and you get the rackety clackety so bad it sounds like the thing is so loose its about to fall apart.

Oh, and the volume of gunfire in movies is severely understated. You can't empty a magazine in an elevator and have a conversation seconds later, unless that conversation consists of a lot of shouting "What?". Guns are loud.

Also hitting targets dead like on its nothing on while running, jumping, falling, diving, etc.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Since no on has mentioned it: Its amazing how the hero (usually with a hot girl in tow) can run across 100 feet of flat open area, with 10 trained soldiers/snipers/mercenaries shooting at him, from close range, with rifles; and both are unscathed. I really hate that. :)

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I love how they always rack a shotgun, semi-auto, dbl barrel, or even a pump that they just keep racking! LOL!

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    #6 Slide never locks back when out of ammo
    Every other movie featuring a gunfight has that titular scene where the bad guy is about to stick it to the good guy (who has ran out of bullets or otherwise disarmed). BG makes a speech, then drops the hammer with the gun at point blank and *click*. No ammo. Good guy seizes the moment and subdues BG, mano-e-mano.

I've made it a hobby to count how many rounds are fired in scenes with no chance of reloads. And s a MD resident, I want to know where I can get these capacious but compact "hi capacity" magazines?!

There are some hi cap/regular mags made, like the one for the Beretta, it works in my Taurus Beretta but does not lock back the slide. Just saying. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom