• Status
    Not open for further replies.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    http://www.secretservice.gov/join/

Heard the add on the radio this morning. It's not traditional police work, but it's definatly not a bad job, particularly if you're working your way through a Criminal Justice degree. I don't have any friends that work there any more, but I've known people who started there. Needless to say a clean background is a must before applying and expect a lengthy application procedure.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    My company has done computer training in their training facility near Beltsville. VERY nice facility!!!

It was riot. We would be in the middle of teaching a class on PC skills and they would be practicing their tactical room clearing and movement right outside our room.

They really talk into their sleeves.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Back in the day when I worked with a bunch of retired protective division agents, they told me that the uniformed division guys get crazy overtime. That was considered a good thing. Plus a lot of cool travel around the country.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Funny, one MUST pass this but not the Chimp in Chief himself who would NOT qualify for anything more then a low level confidential clearance. His coke use would have disqualified him at the 'print your name" line.

"Candidates must be U.S. citizens and must submit to urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment. All Secret Service positions require a top secret security clearance."

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    For you Gov. contractors check out SS site -Business Opportunities - procurment -forcast opportunities - DHS HQ - last listing #37702

wyomingboy

Jan 26, 2009
    My advice would be to go on a real police department for a couple of years and get that gung-ho stuff out of your system. Then go to the SSUD or US Cap Police if you want the extra bucks (and be bored out of your shorts). The downside to that plan right now is that the Counties have been hit hard for money and several are not hiring right now. I can't imagine how many applicants there would be for the SSUD job, but I would think it would be in the thousands. Not an impossible goal, but you had better be hitting on all eight cyliders throughout the testing. It's still a good way to get a foot in the door in the Fed system and go elsewhere in a year or two. Good luck to those who apply. Yes, the hiring procedure runs a long time and is a royal pain.

Jul 1, 2009
    I sometimes miss what I used to do. I'm often saddened by how my record has been undeservedly sullied and my chances of ever being able to protect and serve again are now nil!

DeadIDik

Habitual Line Stepper!
    Aug 11, 2008
    Monkton - Kurt Wala 1952-2009
    Any LEOs have any suggestions, I have a college degree, USMC Infantry, squeeky clean record, Cleared as well. Last time I tried, before the degree it was a PIA

If you have a degree, and a clean backround, and good credit pretty much any federal agency would be interested. The SS even the uniformed guys is extremely difficult to get hired on to. Feds are always looking for people where alot of local agencys are usually only hireing laterals to replace people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom