• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I'm buying a .38spl Smith & Wesson 67-1 (circa 1978-1979) from a friend of mine. I just cleaned her up.

Here she is.

Attachments

• Smith 67-1 smaller.jpg
      Smith 67-1 smaller.jpg
      79.4 KB · Views: 602

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I have a twin sister to yours. However, yours is dressed up with beautiful wood grips. Are they the originals...or aftermarket? I currently have Pachmayr rubber grips on it, but am thinking of switching back to wood.

JoeR

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I have a twin sister to yours. However, yours is dressed up with beautiful wood grips. Are they the originals...or aftermarket? I currently have Pachmayr rubber grips on it, but am thinking of switching back to wood.

JoeR

I'm not sure if they're original S&W grips or not. The last guy who owned it had them covered in shiny shellac or something. To make matters worse, the shellac was applied to the grips without removing them for the revolver! It took me a good half hour to remove the stuff from the frame using mineral spirits. Then I used some 000 steel wool to get the shine off of the grips.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Congrats! Admire your taste. Would love to get a stainless 4-inch Smith in the future that shoots 38s. Great guns to introduce new shooters with, and they are beautiful (classic shape, well balanced, not too much steel, etc).

I lucked out and got Smith Model 60 no dash (circa 65/66?) the other week ...

atymabez.jpg

Revolver #3 for me.

HazyDayz

Jul 17, 2014
    Washington County
    I carried a K frame .357 for a job I had a while back. I don't prefer revolvers,but the older ones are definitely nice to have around. Yours looks good.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    Congrats! Admire your taste. Would love to get a stainless 4-inch Smith in the future that shoots 38s. Great guns to introduce new shooters with, and they are beautiful (classic shape, well balanced, not too much steel, etc).

I lucked out and got Smith Model 60 no dash (circa 65/66?) the other week ....

I still have a Mod# 36 and Mod# 60 which I purchased in 73 and 74. They were my official off-duty weapons from when we carried wheel guns. They were a hassle to qualify with, especially at 25 yards. The 36 lives alongside my wife's bed in CT and the 60 still lives alongside my bed in MoCo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom