• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Glad you posted on this, because it brings up my next question (and it's not an indictment of anyone)...

WTF happened to Take Back Maryland?

Is it? Isn't it? What's needed?

Honestly, I have heard so little, I'd all but forgotten about it until the last couple days.

I asked this question a few months ago.. Nothing...

Looking outside in, I would guess not enough interest..

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    There is so much apathy among our community. There are too many people who see SB281 as the final attack on the Death Star and it failed. The overwhelming feeling is that the only way to win now is to move. There was low voter turn-out in this election. That includes both sides. If enough people were energized, we truly COULD have made a difference. The million dollar question is "how do we get people away from this defeatist attitude"?

I think we all need a win. As you know, when you are constantly being defeated you at some point just give up. IMO it's actually a multi-million dollar question, because that's what it's going to take to have any possibility in getting that win..

Now where is all that money going to come from...

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I can't remember the exact numbers and don't have time to research it now, but in 1980 I did, and to the best of my recollection, if we could turned out the numbers of voters that voted against "The Gun Ban" (Saturday night special law/handgun roster board) in 1980, we as gun owners could change the direction of this state. "The Gun Ban" was a driving issue in that year (I think I'm right about the year) and even though we lost we really turned out a huge number of Pro 2A voters ( I know because I spent many a night working at our HQ in Towson).
    Flash forward to today, the demographics of the state have changed, particularly the numbers of people who value government entitlements over Constitutionally protected rights, the increase in gov't. employees that equate Democrat control of the state as a benefit to them, and finally battered gun owner syndrome that makes our folks think it can never change in this state.
    Just something to ponder.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    There is so much apathy among our community. There are too many people who see SB281 as the final attack on the Death Star and it failed. The overwhelming feeling is that the only way to win now is to move. There was low voter turn-out in this election. That includes both sides. If enough people were energized, we truly COULD have made a difference. The million dollar question is "how do we get people away from this defeatist attitude"?

You don't. They like feeling helpless because it absolves them of responsibility...

I fight because it needs to be done. These folks will move and be just as apathetic.. its not just liberals that move on and spread contagion..

Such is life.. liberalism thrives in the soil of apathy...

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Voted DINO, it had no effect.

November is going to be a 75/25 split Brown v. Hogan, and that's being generous. There are just way too many freeloaders in this state for the conservative vote to stem the tide.

Tampa here I come.

No, no, no. Hogan plays a good game, it will be a margin of error race by Oct. Hogan needs only to get R out who voted for Romney in 2012, and swing 40k voters. judging by the number who voted for Gansler, it won't be hard. Plus, we have a budget mess coming up and a few other items that will put Brown well outside his comfort zone. Summer is slow people are not paying attention. Right now though, single digit race and closing fast.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Time to get serious? Many of us have been.

Everyone who DINO'd yesterday can vote openly in the General. If you were in a heavy (D) area, there's no reason not to. Being (I) or unaffiliated accomplishes dick in the primaries.

pschmidt

Dec 8, 2008
    No, no, no. Hogan plays a good game, it will be a margin of error race by Oct. Hogan needs only to get R out who voted for Romney in 2012, and swing 40k voters. judging by the number who voted for Gansler, it won't be hard. Plus, we have a budget mess coming up and a few other items that will put Brown well outside his comfort zone. Summer is slow people are not paying attention. Right now though, single digit race and closing fast.

The race is one thing, actual election results come Nov will be an entirely different story. Notice what happened with the AG polling numbers leading up to yesterday.

Maybe 75/25 is a bit extreme, but not by much.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Time to get serious? Many of us have been.

Everyone who DINO'd yesterday can vote openly in the General. If you were in a heavy (D) area, there's no reason not to. Being (I) or unaffiliated accomplishes dick in the primaries.

Sheath thy rapier... its just a call to arms.... " once more unto the breach... or close up the wall with our English dead "

I doubt it was meant in any other way...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    The race is one thing, actual election results come Nov will be an entirely different story. Notice what happened with the AG polling numbers leading up to yesterday.

Fl is waiting.. if true we will know soon enough. Likewise if false..

If you mean to leave .. go with my fond regards. We who can not are going to try no harm can come from that.

Certainly no harm if you are leaving..

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Primary polling numbers are extremely volatile, it is very hard for pollsters to predict who will turn out (especially when the primary has been moved around). In MS, McDaniel was up 7 points, and lost. Cantor was supposed to win, and lost.

Instead of wasting energy as a defeatist, you should be finding people who voted for Romney in 2012 and get them to the polls in Nov.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Mass electrical power and cell tower outages.

No television or smart phones to distract people.

They will become bored and vote just to have something to do.

Sorry DWTS and AGT. Priorities must come first.

pschmidt

Dec 8, 2008
    Primary polling numbers are extremely volatile, it is very hard for pollsters to predict who will turn out (especially when the primary has been moved around). In MS, McDaniel was up 7 points, and lost. Cantor was supposed to win, and lost.

Instead of wasting energy as a defeatist, you should be finding people who voted for Romney in 2012 and get them to the polls in Nov.

I live in Moco. I can count on 4 fingers the number of people I know personally within a mile radius who voted for someone other than the Big O. Extrapolate that county wide and you see the problem; the numbers simply aren't there in one of the most populus counties in the state.

Call it defeatist all you want, I call it realist. No number of Shakespeare quotes are going to change the fact that Maryland's lost.

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    Talk is valuable. I will be talking up the fact that MD needs to get these close friends from PG and MOCO out, they did their damage.

Lot of (I) I talked to said they would have voted Gans or Miz so we need to convince those people to just vote republican otherwise they're voting a loss.

You can talk up experience in Annapolis if you have been there, let them know they're all crooks and let whoever you're talking to trust what you're saying. Many people are scared to vote republican...

pittsaero

Mar 29, 2013
    I live in Moco. I can count on 4 fingers the number of people I know personally within a mile radius who voted for someone other than the Big O. Extrapolate that county wide and you see the problem; the numbers simply aren't there in one of the most populus counties in the state.

Call it defeatist all you want, I call it realist. No number of Shakespeare quotes are going to change the fact that Maryland's lost.
    I'm not giving up, giving in or moving. I'll keep voting & banging my head against the wall hoping eventually we can make a change.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

So with whom do you argue? You can leave anytime... with whom do you fight... not the oposition... what purpose do you purport to serve. . I no longer care if folks leave since they tend not to fight..

Really you do not need to prove anything to us.. its OK to leave.

But why care what others do?

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I've never spent more or worked harder on an election than I have this year, and I will continue to fight as long as I live here, including this November. But I'm also starting to think about an exit plan. If we end up with Brown and Frosh this fall for the next 8 years, I don't think I can tolerate it.

Also, in some important ways, we're killing ourselves. Ask Mike Smigiel about how the Republican Party in Cecil County stacked the primary against him in order to get more "mainstream" Republicans in Annapolis. They ran spoilers to drain off just enough votes that he missed the third spot among District 36 Rs by 142 votes. Ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom