• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    In today's Cecil Whig:

Police: Gun suspect plans to rearm himself
    http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_482ca972-2c7d-5e19-979e-d7d7a3f069f3.html

"NORTH EAST — State and federal investigators raided a North East-area home on Friday and confiscated several guns from a man who is barred from owning firearms because he is a convicted felon, police reported.

Despite the weapons seizure and his arrest, the suspect, Randy Wayne Smith, 53, defiantly told detectives that he plans to be a gun owner once again, according to Cecil County District Court records.

“Smith made the statement, ‘Even if you take my guns, I will just buy another one,’” court records show....."

There is more in the story including a list of guns including handguns, rifles, and shotguns.

I wonder how he is going to replace his handguns without an HQL?:sarcasm:

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Dont look now but Buffalo just gained justification for confiscating dead peoples guns

clarksvegas

Jul 8, 2011
    Escaped to TX
    So, he can arm himself with BP revolvers, shotguns and rifles.

A NICS check should turn up a flag saying he's barred (convictions). If his records aren't up to date in the NICS then Maryland is failing to upload to the national database.

Odds are he's getting them from his local backlot dealer. They use the cash check system. you got the cash, i got the gun for you!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    A NICS check should turn up a flag saying he's barred (convictions). If his records aren't up to date in the NICS then Maryland is failing to upload to the national database.

Odds are he's getting them from his local backlot dealer. They use the cash check system. you got the cash, i got the gun for you!

Black powder firearms don't go thru NICS checks, I think you misunderstood yellowhand's post.

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    Unfortunately, I think this is what the anti's don't understand - criminals don't get their guns legally. Any laws they put in place, won't affect this guy.

I know, I'm preaching to the choir...

Mike4Maryland

Harford County, MD USA
    Apr 5, 2013
    If you like your gun laws, you can keep your gun laws. I think I heard this someplace else. :sarcasm:

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013

As revealed during the FSA 2013 SJC hearings, MD basically doesn't fully participate in NICS.

When questioned about it, Frosh basically said "that's correct and we will NEVER fully participate."

Something seems faulty with that, but that was what was said....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom