• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    got his email today:
    Dear Southern Region Hunter,

You are receiving this email because you have registered with the Myrtle Grove WMA Office in the last 3 years. We would like to notify you that Historic St. Mary's City CWMA will open for deer hunting beginning January 24, 2015 and ending March 14, 2015. We will begin taking reservations at 8:00am Friday January 23, 2015

The property will be open to 7 deer hunters per day, Monday through Saturday. Parking is in two locations, one of which requires you to pass through a locked gate. You will be given the combination to the gate when you make a reservation.

Only deer hunting will be permitted and the extended antlerless only shotgun season is in effect on this CWMA. Archery hunters are reminded that they are required to wear orange due to the extended shotgun season.

All hunting will be by permit and reservation only. If you do not have the 2014-2015 seasonal permit, you may apply online here: http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Publiclands/wmasouthern.asp
    A link to a map of the area will be on that page soon.

Please note that bicycles are prohibited on the trails that run through the hunting area. This is a multi-use property and the trails are frequented by people hiking and jogging. Deer should be field dressed away from the trails.

If you have any questions, please call the Myrtle Grove office at 301-743-5161.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I like they are opening up more areas for management, but I don't know how I feel about the late season for St. Mary's and Charles.

I'd probably be mortified opening a doe and a 3-5 month old fetus falls out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom