• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Got in trouble again by walking into 2A Sales. I'd been looking for a lever action rifle in .357 Mag, and they are like hen's teeth to find. So I stop by to see Mark at the shop a couple of weeks ago, tell him of my troubles and he says "Oh, I have 2 of them here... Winchesters..." They were so beautiful and I was short on time, so I plotted my return...

So, today I went to "get my oil changed" with my 2 young boys in tote, and when I was done I just happened to drive back towards 2A and walked in to "browse."

Result, I left home with 2 children and came back with 3:

win1892-a3s.jpg

Winchester 1892 S in .357 Magnum, 20" Barrel.

He also showed me some sweet, sweet HK NFA stuff. It's fun just to hold it (that's what she said too). :)

Thanks to Mark and the rest of the guys.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Sweet '92!

Have you started walking around the house wearing an eye patch and hollering "Fill your hands you son of a b*tch!" yet? :D

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Great looking firearm. Be proud to add that to my collection.

Congrats!
    Jm Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've got some reloads cooked up out of the 'ruger only' section of the reloading manual...

I wonder if it would be safe to shoot them out of this

Wouldn't want to venture a guess without knowing your recipe. Post it and I'm sure you will get plenty of opinions.

Jim Smith

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    OP, nice rifle. I have the 1892 20-inch carbine in 357. It's a very fun shooter. If the 20-inch short rifle was available (the one you got), I would have gone for it instead (not that I regret mine in the least). The crescent shaped butt is another neat feature that yours has which is missing on the recent releases of the 1892 carbine.

Swaged

May 30, 2011
    North of North Laurel
    Is this the Chiappa Winchester?

Got in trouble again by walking into 2A Sales. I'd been looking for a lever action rifle in .357 Mag, and they are like hen's teeth to find. So I stop by to see Mark at the shop a couple of weeks ago, tell him of my troubles and he says "Oh, I have 2 of them here... Winchesters..." They were so beautiful and I was short on time, so I plotted my return...

So, today I went to "get my oil changed" with my 2 young boys in tote, and when I was done I just happened to drive back towards 2A and walked in to "browse."

Result, I left home with 2 children and came back with 3:

win1892-a3s.jpg

Winchester 1892 S in .357 Magnum, 20" Barrel.

He also showed me some sweet, sweet HK NFA stuff. It's fun just to hold it (that's what she said too). :)

Thanks to Mark and the rest of the guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom