• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    Well after the .22 Mrod was returned because it shot patterns vs groups, the new .25 came in. It was pretty windy today so I setup half in the shop and half out and ran a few quick 5 shot groups with 4 different pellets.

IMG_20150708_102736_795-1_zpsqedspmaa.jpg

Was pretty happy that it doesn't seem to be pellet picky, so I set up the chrono (@ 10yds, just outside the shop, so they are around 30fps slower than actual muzzle velocities) and ran a quick 24 shot string of the cheapest pellets at 25 yds.

IMG_20150708_110112_113_zpsol2yefo4.jpg

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    That's a sweet rifle. What are you using to charge it? I was about to pull the trigger on one, then I started reading that the tank size is a pain to charge with a manual pump.

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    My hearing is pretty bad (65 year old industrial worker so the ENT doctor told me) but it's the same to me.

This is a video of the .22 cal one I had beside one of my suppressed .22 rimfire rifles in the same spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srXMYpYFZ8c

The phone was a lot closer to the "action" in the .25 video so you hear more of the "spring" of the valve but...

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    JMorris,

Did your MRod come that good out of the box? If so you really got a good one that shoots a string like that. I also like the Benjamin pump driven by an electric motor. Good stuff.
    Vic

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    Yes that's out of the box, shot a 1.350" 8 shot group @100 yds with it yesterday, with JSB Kings.

I am really happy with the .25 other than the fact it is a .25. It shoots better at 100 yds than the .22 marauder I had would shoot at 25 yds.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Nice. I'm happy with my 22 Disco but if I ever upgrade it will be to a 25 Mrod. I want the Green Mountain barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom