• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Yes, a rimfire scope is not appropriate for a break barrel springer.

They come with rimfire scopes? It says "Gamo" on it. Ill pull it out and look at it when I get home. Any good recommendations on a better scope?

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Any gun with the scope mounted on one part of the gun and the barrel a separate moveable part will have some variations from shot to shot because the barrel does not return to the exact same spot each time. A difference of 0.001" (one thousandth of an inch) becomes noticeable when multiplied by the range the shot travels.

Makes sense. I have an old break barrel that never could hold a consistent zero from shot to shot. Still fun for what was then an under-$80 air rifle.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Oh yeah it actually says gamo on it. Im not mad for the price though I dont expect that much out of it and its not really a hassle to re zero. I was kinda wondering if it could have to do with the fact that the whole barrel pivots down. When you pump it, could that effect the zero? or just being stored in a damp basement, could it just seat a little differently maybe and move the zero? Or am I over thinking this..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom