• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    "With the cooperation of several gun dealers across the state"

I think this is what makes it a voluntary program, only effective against consumers who let the dealers bully them into participating...an end run around the constitutional issues. The AG is a big problem though.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Unless they pay a visit to dear old Mom and Dad at O'Dark-30 looking for you.

"Yea, Mom. I'm real sorry that the state trooper put you in a choke hold. And I'm sorry they maced Dad. Is Sparky, OK? How long did the vet say for GSW to heal?"

That'll make for a fun Thanksgiving or Christmas at home.

Home is 600+ miles from here. Mom and Dad will be fine as they are well out of MSP's jurisdiction.

DD, Spot - holding until told otherwise. PM me if you need help on anything.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I think this is what makes it a voluntary program, only effective against consumers who let the dealers bully them into participating...an end run around the constitutional issues. The AG is a big problem though.

From what I understand from an FFL who does not sell ammo, the MSP are in fact intimidating FFL's into keeping logs. Sort of, "You don't have to but we can make life pretty difficult for you". This is one reason this FFL does not sell ammo.

Either way the MSP win.

1) If we do not buy ammo here in state, our FFL's lose business. If they lose enough business, they go out of business. Thus, fewer places for Marylanders to buy evil guns.

2) If we do bow down to submitting personal info to buy ammo, then we become part of the database. People have jobs because of the databases and, so, they gotta use 'em. The MSP get to do more raids and, thus, justify their riot/assault gear budgets.

We have not seen (as I recall) our local FFL's weigh in on this issue here. I wonder if they are complying with the MSP and under what threat.

Splitter

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Having been through that pdf, if that is still policy we are going to have our hands full.

I try to buy all my guns and most accessories in state from small brick and mortars when ever possible. Ammo, I can do elsewhere. I know I pay a pretty penny markup on cleaning gear but that's ok. It pays for the technical knowledge they share for free.

What's an FIL?

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Having been through that pdf, if that is still policy we are going to have our hands full.

I try to buy all my guns and most accessories in state from small brick and mortars when ever possible. Ammo, I can do elsewhere. I know I pay a pretty penny markup on cleaning gear but that's ok. It pays for the technical knowledge they share for free.

What's an FIL?

WAlly-World on Annapolis Rd. still sells fair priced gun cleaning gear, but no ammo or guns FTYI. I can get patches and cleaning rods/brushes there for less and they sell some Birchwood Casey items also.

Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    Another good line to keep people from questioning you to much is "it's to protect myself from identity theft" Most people don't get second amendments rights but understand identity theft to well. Makes them think twice about documenting. If they said it's not a problem than ask for a copy of THEIR driver license and see how they feel.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I was thinking, this guy should go back to the shop and give the shop owner shit telling him what happened because of his "reporting". Hopefully it will make him feel guilty or like crap enough to tell the MSP to go take a hike in the future because he does not like seeing his customers get harrassed because of his voluntary compliance.
    Maybe if more shop owners make a stink about this to the MDSP they might pass the word on to the AG and if the AG starts to see how this might become a bad image for his next election because of a backlash from all of us gun owners, maybe this practice will stop.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Stories like this should be blasted loud and often for everyone running for office who supports the protection of law abiding gun owners.

This story should also be called in to local news stations like fox 45. I would have to believe that on top of the Berwyn mayor story, this story would start putting the MSP, O'Malley, and Frosh on the hotseat if it got air time.

If not the local television, hit the airwaves on the talk radio circuit, push this to every pro-gun blog available.

Something has to be done, absolutely.

That reminds me, Frosh is supposedly going to hold hearings in September regarding the MSP spying program. This would probably a good venue to get more of these stories, and those violated to those hearings because to me, their spying has gone beyond what they stated...

Oh that would really piss off Frosh if his hearing was turned into a gun owner rights thing and spying on lawful gun owners.
    Really put a thorn in his side. :thumbsup:

Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    We should definitely boycott any dealer who does this log book. Can we make a sticky of dealers who do?

Even though we are small in numbers, comparativly speaking, I'm sure we buy a lot more ammunition than our numbers indicate. After all, we are the "nuts".

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Emphasis mine.

Can someone help me out here? How is this legal? Can any unit in the MSP impose such a policy on the sales of ammunition and/or firearms in the absence of legislation permitting them to do so? It sounds like they are making up policy as they see fit and then because they have done so, given it the force of law by their say-so.

Yeah, sort of like them making up their own policy that you have to give them access to your medical records to exercise your rights. Oh wait, they already did that...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If this happens enough and the honorable MSP (yes they are honorable, this is one of those situations where good people are ordered to do dishonorable things)

Great, the Nuremberg defense, how apropos, sort of goes along with dressing up in black and visiting people who have committed no crimes in their homes in the middle of the night.

'General George S. Patton once said; "Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men." '

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Uh oh. Someone's getting a deep cavity search.

On a different note, if the police show up at your door without a warrant, even in full battle regalia, learn the words, "Pound Sand."

If the police have you in their sights, talking to them, on any level, is a bad idea.

This is an excellent video that is required watching for any U.S. citizen.

PLUS M FING ONE

That's all I could think of while reading that letter/e-mail. This is BS.

SigXFive

Mar 9, 2008
    Towson, Maryland
    If you go to the Hog Mart in Towson to buy ammo they will ask for, and wright down your ID. There is a business card from a Baltimore County Detective stuck in the book. The saving grace is that the employes are so slow that they usually let you fill in the information yourself.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    my father has been in law enforcement his whole life (though not in this state...in the even more oppressive CA)...but even he'd be pissed. he's an outspoken champion of heller and most LEOs aren't this robotic nor believe that the recent issues in MD are correct and just.

We don't need policy dictated without law...we don't need the AG making up his own mind as to what is legal and what isn't...nor the MSP for that matter. Law Enforcement do exactly that, enforce...not create.

I've had the chat with my wife again and we are on the same page...now we'll have to educate the children as to what to do when (since with this administration it seems like only a matter of time) the police come knocking. unfortunately the schools don't bother to teach them to even ask for a badge, let alone get a parent or ask for a warrant (assuming the child is old enough to be on their own in the house).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom