• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Thanks for the advice. I will be picking it up on Friday. I will be shooting it Sat morning. Can't wait.

Awesome. Let us know how you like it! To answer your earlier question about how important the break in is, i honestly don't know. Beretta recommends it(I believe in the manual) and the one or two negative reviews I have seen have been from folks who didn't do it. I did it just in case.

Okay, now you guys have made me jealous. Now I want one. BUT, not being one to throw money around for no reason I have a question. It looks like I am going to get back into deer hunting as the wife decided she now like venison. SO, does Beretta make a slug barrel for this or would I just have to buy another shotgun? I would also like to use it for trap. Hence my question. Thanks.

At this point, beretta to my knowledge doesn't make a slug barrel. At least I haven't found it on their site.

So Matt, are you still thinking about shooting Cowboy Action or have you given up on that?

I actually still really want to get involved with cowboy action shooting. I have the guns, (2 vaqueros, henry big boy, and stoeger coach gun) but ran out of money for the rest of my gear. Oh and I had my hat, lol. Between work and our house, I haven't had time for anything fun!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I actually still really want to get involved with cowboy action shooting. I have the guns, (2 vaqueros, henry big boy, and stoeger coach gun) but ran out of money for the rest of my gear. Oh and I had my hat, lol. Between work and our house, I haven't had time for anything fun!

You have the big money stuff and you're waiting on gear? Head to a match! People will loan beginners just about everything they need. BTW, I picked up a cartridge belt at Altantic Guns in Rockville, $35, these folks have $40 holsters https://www.oklahomaleatherproducts...v?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=OLP&Category_Code=H1 , get their shotgun shell holder, too.

LucasF

Mar 6, 2014
    Stevensville, MD
    So I picked up my Outlander on Friday afternoon and did all the out of the box cleaning and whatnot. My girlfriend and I went to Schrader's in Henderson, MD (the place was really nice btw) on Sat morning and put about 300 rounds through it in about 2 or 2 1/2 hours. While I am rusty, the gun performed great! The first 50 rounds were Federal 1 1/8oz and the rest were 1 oz. There was not one single hiccup. This is a great shotgun for the money. Going to put another 300 or so downrange this weekend. I'm really glad I read the forum and reviews on this gun because I think it is a great buy. I would definitely recommend this gun to anyone who is looking for a shotgun at this price point.

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    I've been shooting mine every saturday since I bought it (Trap Shooting). about 1000rds through it so far and zero issues. Only complaint is I wish I had gotten the Wood furniture model

HotWheelsUMD

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern Balt Co, MD
    Just got my wood A300 Outlander after finding a deal at Joel Etchen (in PA) and getting it through a local FFL. Took it all apart and cleaned it pre-shoot this past weekend. Hoping to break her in at Loch Raven tomorrow!

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I'm looking for a sale or used. If anyone comes across one in your travels, please let me know.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I've never seen a used one for sale, but check Dicks. I believe they had them on sale around Christmas.

They did and the price was really good. Like under $700.

I thought about it actually, but had other priorities at the time...Suppressors :D

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I've never seen a used one for sale, but check Dicks. I believe they had them on sale around Christmas.

Thanks Matt.
    Yes, My timing is great. $150 off, and the sale is over. Also HV has 0, no syn, wood, or camo. BPS advertises max4 for 599, but there are none. I guess I should have called bps and seen if they would take an order, maybe tomorrow.

ptman2000

Aug 19, 2013
    Riva, MD
    I went sport clay shooting last summer at Pin Tail point and really loved it!!!

So, I've been looking at picking up a shotgun and start going more. Everything I've read puts the Beretta A300 Outlander at the top of the list!!

Anyone have any negative thoughts on it for purely a sporting shotgun?

Thx!!!

Orthogonal

Jul 23, 2013
    Bel Air
    I bought one last year. It is a great entry level autoloader, IMHO better quality than other similarly priced autoloaders. Light and points well. Has fed slugs, buck and light target loads out of the box flawlessly. Has adjustable shims to fit you. Saftey in front of the trigger where I like it. Comes with 3 chokes.

Some things to be aware of:

- Piston system precludes adding any type of extended magazine, if for some reason you wanted to do that

- Uses Berettas older Mobilchoke system

- No barrels available but the factory replacement one that I can tell

If you are using this a a field gun and or busting clays none of these things matter too much

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    I went sport clay shooting last summer at Pin Tail point and really loved it!!!

So, I've been looking at picking up a shotgun and start going more. Everything I've read puts the Beretta A300 Outlander at the top of the list!!

Anyone have any negative thoughts on it for purely a sporting shotgun?

Thx!!!

The only negative I've found is that the bead sight popped out and was lost. Seems to be a fairly common problem for the gun. It shoots great and I'm very happy with it otherwise.

vandrv

Oct 8, 2013
    Harford County
    The only negative I've found is that the bead sight popped out and was lost. Seems to be a fairly common problem for the gun. It shoots great and I'm very happy with it otherwise.

Mine did the same thing almost immediately after I bought it. Other than that, it has been flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom