• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Many of you have received the email that was sent out by MSI and we have had people request that we start a thread on here. Since the withdrawal of the HQL suit was due to funding, we have decided to do everything in our power to raise the funds to move this case forward. I personally have not had any communications with the other plaintiff's regarding this, but I'm sure if you wanted to donate money to them, they would be glad to take it. Here, we are asking you to open your wallets and help MSI take this challenge forward.

Fight The HQL

Last edited:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    So how much do folks who reload have to kick in?

$1.50

J/K

Good idea to raise some bucks.

Gonna miss that 500. Dimes that is.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I gave too much...kinda feels good. Life's been good later, so I'm spreading the "wealth".

I've decided to come clean with how much I donated to this current cause. I give $100. I would like $33 in my name, $33 in Schipperke's name and $33 in Muleskinner's name. Now they can go find something else to get upset about.

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Well, well...

I'll assume for moment that schipperke's question was innocent...

MSI is a 100 percent volunteer organization. People pay their own way in support of the cause. Officials have been known to risk compromising their livelihood to make sure the rest of us are represented in Annapolis.

I know I (as a longtime supporter and former BOD member) have had to explain to my wife where the money and time goes.

I'm sorry... What was the question??

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Made another donation to MSI...a few last year as well. Also sent some money to that Pizza shop in Indiana to help them fight all the hateful gays.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I donate to NRA, they post financials. About 83% of the money goes to grants. It is amazing how little Maryland gets. If you read state by state, the more gun friendly the more money with little correlation to population really. Example, WV with 1/3 MD population gets twice as much in grants.

I'll assume from the responses the answer in no. Next question would be why not. I don't donate the kind of funds I do without a bit of sunshine, so excuse me for asking. Not fond of rabbit holes either.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You are aware that you can donate specifically to Maryland via NRA-ILA, right?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Well, well...

I'll assume for moment that schipperke's question was innocent...

MSI is a 100 percent volunteer organization. People pay their own way in support of the cause. Officials have been known to risk compromising their livelihood to make sure the rest of us are represented in Annapolis.

I know I (as a longtime supporter and former BOD member) have had to explain to my wife where the money and time goes.

I'm sorry... What was the question??

So as volunteers, you keep the books on the backs of napkins? If you let your wife know where the money goes, why peeved at the question? Next board meeting I'm at, as an unpaid director of a $600M non profit, when they want the commitee report I'll tell them I'm a volunteer, stop bugging me.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    65% of donations MSI collects go towards maintaining the vice-president's amazing hair.

For your information, MSI does have a treasurer.

You really are unbelievable. You claim the only way things can be corrected here is through litigation, and yet when the state's largest gun-rights group is tied up with one federal case and is working on launching a second, and asks for donations; you question its motives, honesty, and integrity?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    So as volunteers, you keep the books on the backs of napkins? If you let your wife know where the money goes, why peeved at the question? Next board meeting I'm at, as an unpaid director of a $600M non profit, when they want the commitee report I'll tell them I'm a volunteer, stop bugging me.

I'm a board member and Ive contributed hundreds of $$ to this organization. I"ve thus invested a lot of time and money. Its legit. Join, come to the meetings, ask questions. Do *something* other than snipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom