• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    How do you all get the notifications about remaining stock?

When they run out of something, you can click on notify me when these are back in stock.

For current quantity, add 100, 500, 1000,etc to your cart and see if they have them to sell

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Sold Out!

Guess they weren't playing games.

I've seen them say "10 left...4 left... 1 left..." Then it jumps to "99 left...95 left..." because they put up 100 at a time.

Just put 100 or 500 in your cart. If they only have 93, they'll regretfully inform you.

Of course, a week later, when 500 guns show up at your door, your wife might wonder...

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    :party29:, Even though im passing on this I hope you guys all get good ones. Ill be kicking myself, but it would be the first time

$550 isn't something to sneeze at and the photos showed quite a range of different hammers, grips and frame wear condition. You were wise to show some restraint.

I'm certainly hoping for the best. As long as she shoots straight and is reliable, I'll consider it a win.

A mint condition one of these would fetch considerably more at one of our IP's or on GB, but these guns had a life and we ain't talking shelf life neither.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Many thanks for the link OP. I had one in the cart and I decided to wait. When I came back they were sold out. I wish I gotten one, but I need to spend the $$ elsewhere. If they were $350 or so, I think it would have been a different story. Good luck to all who got one. Looking forward to the pics.

Jul 1, 2012
    www.gregcotellc.com
    Do you know who he uses for shipping? UPS? FedEx?
    He sent stuff to me a while back USPS Priority for $6.
    Since he used to live in MD - and has the best prices around - and has great customer service - I'll go to him first the next time I need some mags...
    I literally had them two days after ordering, and he followed up with a personal email to make sure I was happy.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Made by FEG in Hungary, and marked by Mauser. Supposedly much better fit and finish than other FEG clones, so it sounds like Mauser did some finishing on them.

That one looks like it's seen some use. It's not C&R, so you'll have to add the transfer fee, and you'll need the HQL to get it.

Made in 1980 by FEG, also marketed as the "Luger M80"

Some say the FEG triggers are better than the FN's. I have a M80 and think its a great shooter. The Mauser on GB is in pretty rough cosmetic shape for the price.

Made in 1980 by FEG, also marketed as the "Luger M80"

Some say the FEG triggers are better than the FN's. I have a M80 and think its a great shooter. The Mauser on GB is in pretty rough cosmetic shape for the price.

These "Mausers" never saw the inside of the Mauser factory. 100% FEG, including the Mauser roll-mark. FEG was capable of a wide range of work. My own FEG PJK-9HP is very nicely finished and blued.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    How are the Mec Gar 15 round magazines?

Do they fit flush?

Do they work?

Found answers to those questions (apparently I'm not the first to ask):

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/mec-gar 9mm Hi Power magazines 13 vs 15 shot.htm

And the reviews at Midway say the same thing. They fit flush and they work well, but may very rarely fail to engage the slide lock.

Post #6 reports a freakish catastrophic failure:
    http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=166554

Thanks, good to know.

I ordered 3 10rd mags from www.gregcotellc.com
    This is going to just be primarily a range gun for me, so I'm in no hurry to pick up the standard or better capacity mags unless they just happen to cross my path in VA or PA

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    Import mark

Ordered one, thanks for the lead. Only thing I am a bit concerned about is the import mark. They didn't give any pictures of it which is suspicious

AIM Surplus had these last July as well and sold out in about 1 hour. They used the exact same pictures in this round as last time BUT they didn't include the photo of the import stamp. I have attached that one so you can see what it was like on the last batch. This was obviously a different batch, so no promises this picture accurately represents the latest batch. But they did use all the same other pictures. It is a shame they haven't learned how to stamp these by default on the bottom side instead of on the side where it is very visible. But import marks are here to stay, so we should probably just get used to it.

Attachments

• da132023fcb10d6f47e277cb4ca9c244.jpg
      da132023fcb10d6f47e277cb4ca9c244.jpg
      34.4 KB · Views: 194

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    AIM Surplus had these last July as well and sold out in about 1 hour. They used the exact same pictures in this round as last time BUT they didn't include the photo of the import stamp. I have attached that one so you can see what it was like on the last batch. This was obviously a different batch, so no promises this picture accurately represents the latest batch. But they did use all the same other pictures. It is a shame they haven't learned how to stamp these by default on the bottom side instead of on the side where it is very visible. But import marks are here to stay, so we should probably just get used to it.

If thats even close then I'll live with it. I think there would be worthy candidates for refinishing and during that time you could wipe out the import mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom