• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Tactical Aiming Solutions( Another Israeli firm) has unveiled a new Glock fiber optic sight. I really like the concept and it seems to increase target acquisition speed.

I'm thinking about getting a set to try out. What do you guys think?

Check out the videos:

http://www.tas-sights.com/

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    It's a very interesting concept. I'd have to do a lot of practice with it before I felt at all comfortable using one though.

I have always been taught that proper sight picture is focused on the front sight with the target being slightly hazy and the rear sight being out of focus.

I have also been trained that the front sight can be used to "muzzle index" a close-in target when a very rapid shot needs to be made. Basically the target is rather close-in (usually <10') and a round needs to be put on target immediately, just seeing the front sight on the target without lining up the rear will be enough to ensure a hit. Going from captured to extended and firing as soon as the front sight is on the target I can keep my rounds within an FBI Q target using this method. Of course once you move into a follow-up shot the rear sight has fallen into place and accuracy increases, but the front-sight method will get a round on target very fast.

Losing my ability to focus on my front sight... not sure how I like the idea personally, but I'd consider throwing a set on one of my pistols just to try it out of curiosity.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I've seen this before. It looks like a red dot that isn't exactly a red dot. I've never known of anyone to do a review on it. I'd like to see one in person before I make any judgement about it.

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011
    I feel like this would be good for faster acquisition, but it would be at the expense of accuracy. I would love to try it out though.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    It's a very interesting concept. I'd have to do a lot of practice with it before I felt at all comfortable using one though.

I have always been taught that proper sight picture is focused on the front sight with the target being slightly hazy and the rear sight being out of focus.

I have also been trained that the front sight can be used to "muzzle index" a close-in target when a very rapid shot needs to be made. Basically the target is rather close-in (usually <10') and a round needs to be put on target immediately, just seeing the front sight on the target without lining up the rear will be enough to ensure a hit. Going from captured to extended and firing as soon as the front sight is on the target I can keep my rounds within an FBI Q target using this method. Of course once you move into a follow-up shot the rear sight has fallen into place and accuracy increases, but the front-sight method will get a round on target very fast.

Losing my ability to focus on my front sight... not sure how I like the idea personally, but I'd consider throwing a set on one of my pistols just to try it out of curiosity.

You can still keep your front sight and use it for a flash sight picture.

For me, getting older sucks.. I'm having a hard time trying to focus on the front sight (did not have that issue before) and my eyes tend to focus on the rear sights. I think that comes when you hit 40 ( presbyopia).

This may be the ticket for older eyes. I just ordered a set.. I'll give an unbiased review when it comes in.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    looks very interesting. I am in the same boat, turning 45 this year, no problem seeing the target but sight picture starts to get fuzzy.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    lone wolf.jpg

tas sight.jpg

These showed up within the last week on builds from lone wolf and crusader operator. Before this I hadn't really seen them. Anyone have reviews on these things yet. They seem like they could be a cool idea, but having not seen one in person makes it hard to see if the idea plays out in realworld.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland

I agree. Still I'd like to play with the concept. If you do let us know.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Was it that long ago? Damn. :lol2:

Damn, I'd only been here on MDS a month when SCAR posted that...

Time flies when your perpetually going broke from feeding your shooting/building/reloading addiction. :o

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I went the milled slide RMR/ Fastfire route. I bought one to try out, but never got good at it.

Was it just hard to get the dot visible? I feel like these would require you to point pretty close naturally until the dot is visible and then fine tune from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom